• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What are Pros and cons Mission Platform

Tree hunter

SH Member
Jul 5, 2020
AOL
RKilbr1126@aol.com
Have not made up my mind but lookin.
Also what is your favorite platform?

trailblazer75

Dec 24, 2018
Springfield, MO
I’ve run it almost exclusively this season.

Cons:
Weight. It’s 5 pounds.
Size. It’s big and difficult to pack and slightly unwieldy when setting up.

Pros: the weight is worth the real estate.
It is incredibly easy to set once you get past how big it is.
The leveling system is perfectly executed.
It is very well thought out and provides maximum shot opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phaco

Oct 10, 2017
DE/MD/NC/IL/WI/MI
Cons:
Weight: It’s 6 pounds.
Size: It’s big and difficult to pack and slightly unwieldy when setting up...it's almost like setting up a small lock on platform.
Profile: it has a notch/hump that is difficult to pack or gets in the way
Setting: Difficult to set on leaning trees
Pros:
It is incredibly easy to cam, once you get past how big it is.
The leveling system is good.
Provides maximum shot opportunities.
Has a lot of space

Westdesign03

SH Member
Nov 3, 2019
Ohio
Echo everything that’s been said about the Mission so far. But it is way worth the price of the cons. It is an awesome platform. You will not be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MattMan81

SH Member
Jan 13, 2020
The Mitten
I have a mission and predator. Predator is easy to pack hands down. I took the mission yesterday, and really enjoyed the ability to move around tree. I think it sets up easier. It's a sweet platform. But it is a little more to pack.

AttackMode

SH Member
Dec 9, 2016
PA
Cons: Packing it in is cumbersome. There is a hump where the post pivots on the bottom of the platform that will dig into your back if wearing it with the straps, that sucks, wish it was flat. The weight in comparison to other platforms is high but compared to a stand it's low. I don't mind it but a lighter mid sized platform would be the best of both worlds.

Pros: Lots of room in the tree. Cams over great and is rock solid once set, no issues on any trees so far. Side pressure is good. It's quiet, no noise from mine at all. I love the cutout on the front. I will put my heel in there while leaning and it's a super comfortable position. The "step" on the post is nice as well although I haven't had the need to use it yet because there is so much platform. It's USA made.Resizer_16041420019260.jpg

Shakeandbake

Jan 18, 2020
I used it for the first time today and only have a predator platform to compare it to. Definitely heavier and bigger to pack in but I could not get this thing to move at all once lock in. I have size 12 boots and I was actually able to stand and turn around with my back to the tree without feeling like I was going to fall off. The size and weight is worth it in my opinion.

Reactions: Plebe and PEEJAY

PEEJAY

SH Member
Nov 24, 2019
MD
Only platform i use now. Yea its heavy but 100% worth it. Built to last forever. MADE IN USAAAA!!

I dont mind it being big to pack, just strap it to the outside of your pack. Put some buckles on some paracord tied to the 4 corners and tie 4 on the pack. I use the little paracord bracelet buckles. Cant get much better to secure to the tree. It cams perfectly.

Loopwing

SH Member
Mar 10, 2020
Virginia
Weight... Blah (so for 5-6 lbs I can carry a platform all over the woods that my size 14-15 boots can fit on), Size.... My shoulders are wider than the stand. All I have are pros. Hands down it is awesome. I scratch my head as to why I ever tried a DIY platform or why anyone would with the mission available.

mattsteg

Sep 26, 2018
Sounds like its everyones favorite right now. Like how the mantis was when it came out
Was the mantis really "everyone's favorite"? Or just the best marketed? I feel like a large portion of mantis advocates weren't necessarily comparing against other options. For sure it's a fine enough saddle for some preferences though.

Reactions: dalton916

TNbowhunter

SH Member
Mar 12, 2019
Middle Tennessee
Well what are pros and cons for the Predator platform?
The Mission is 18" wide by 14" deep and weighs 5.4 lbs. The Predator is about 12" by 12" and weighs 3 lbs. (The Predator XL is 15" by 13".) Relative to the Trophyline Mission, the Tethrd Predator Platform is much lighter and more packable, $20 cheaper, and is currently in stock. I haven't used the Mission myself, but from pictures and other folks' reviews, it seems the Mission is more comfortable for guys with size 12+ feet, is easier to shuffle around on, has better contours around the edges (need to wrap/cobra weave the Predator with paracord to make it grippy enough, in my opinion), and has the nifty little step on top of the post. I think the Mission also would be a smaller leap for traditional tree stand hunters making the switch to saddle hunting, but I've honestly had no trouble adjusting to standing on the Predator.
Both are great options, and both have strong resale value on here if you try one out and decide to go a different direction. If I had to recommend one, I'd probably recommend the Predator because it's in stock, and while I'm no ounce-counter like some folks on here, 2.4 lbs. is a difference you can feel in your pack (or especially if suspended from your saddle). If you try the Predator and dislike it, you'll get most of your money back by selling it on here and can put that into buying a Mission.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: katiesmom

Letemgrowitllshow

Jun 23, 2018
Saint Francis MN
Only drawback of the mission is it's packability. It's hardly a drawback though, it just doesn't pack as small as the predator. But it's bigger and more solid on the tree then the predator.

If you want a platform that fits in a smaller pack, get predator.

If you want a platform that has all the real estate you need and is super solid on a tree, get the mission.

BuffaloBill

SH Member
Jan 20, 2019
Indiana
Size is probably the biggest con but is also a big pro. Granted I only have limited experience with saddle platforms. But standing on a tiny platform for hours isn't for me. I'll probably add the C.A.Y.S pack to my Christmas list. You can get a pretty nice Trophyline discount if you're military or a first responder.