• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

What are you using to haul your gear in and out

Pawag

I want to know what you’re all using. I want to stay small and light. I’m using wild edge steps x 4, perch, mantis, 5 step aider, knaider, ropes. I want to keep it simple/compact.

I use a mil-tech small assault pack, it can hold 6 wild edge steps in the main, it has a ton of space to take everything you have and some. It also has a hip belt but my five wild edge steps and DIY platform aren't heavy enough for me to use that often. To boot, it's only 39ish bucks. Note though, this isn't a bag to take everything an the kitchen sink, it's really good for a minimalist setup, it'll carry your gear and a few extras.

Reactions: Amp
my setup isnt as minimalist as you guys, due to my climbing sticks. I have 3 full size heliums. I use a molle frame pack to carry things. i just bungee it all down.

I use a alps Bear fanny pack
Carry my sticks on a sling over my shoulder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kelty redwing 50 tactical.

How do you like the rad rover? That’s a Hub motor? 750W?
I hunt where there are many hills. Some single track.
My plan would be to gut Bambi, remove the tenderloins,drop the seat on the bike to stuff it in the body cavity and ride it all out.

Is the rover pedal assist only or will it drive you right up the hill? If it is pedal assist what is the perceived effort to climb a hill? Don’t want to be sweaty when I get to my spot...

Thanks

How do you like the rad rover? That’s a Hub motor? 750W?
I hunt where there are many hills. Some single track.
My plan would be to gut Bambi, remove the tenderloins,drop the seat on the bike to stuff it in the body cavity and ride it all out.

Is the rover pedal assist only or will it drive you right up the hill? If it is pedal assist what is the perceived effort to climb a hill? Don’t want to be sweaty when I get to my spot...

Thanks

Yes it has 5 pedal assist plus throttle. I have no trouble with hills. I have climbed some big hills but remember they are still bikes. Would recommend the Radrover but I would try a few different e-bikes and try some hub drive and mid drive and see what one you like. Rambo also makes a nice 750 but it has only 3 gears and it does have pedal assist and throttle . Radrover has 7 gears.

I started out with a platform and sticks and got a badlands diablo dos and it was a sweet pack.. I just sold it on the fb fourm.. IMG_0392.jpg

Then as my changed and got a smaller set up I started using a Plano soft fishing tackle box that has a fanny strap or shoulder strap. My kit is under 10 pounds but was pretty packed in the small pack. IMG_0977.jpg

I just bought a badlands reactor pack. It’s 900ci and has a waist strap I can slide my bolt kit or dump pouch with cranford rope steps on while climbing then toss them back into the bag once at height. Hopefully This will be my last revision. IMG_1057.jpg

Hey Apex
What would you say your perceived effort is on a hill climb?

I was using a back pack with additional gear bag for my steps. I just bought this tactical messenger shoulder bag. It holds 4 primal steps plus plenty of small pockets for misc gear. 3 Primal steps for climb and one for plywood insert platform D4129C39-DDE0-457D-A781-2830D651CD26.jpeg5ADFD81F-3894-4D40-8205-7D427F0FBDCC.jpeg

Insights Element pack.
143b7bf208912057fa124b668c8542d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I started out with a platform and sticks and got a badlands diablo dos and it was a sweet pack.. I just sold it on the fb fourm.. View attachment 12139

Then as my changed and got a smaller set up I started using a Plano soft fishing tackle box that has a fanny strap or shoulder strap. My kit is under 10 pounds but was pretty packed in the small pack. View attachment 12140

I just bought a badlands reactor pack. It’s 900ci and has a waist strap I can slide my bolt kit or dump pouch with cranford rope steps on while climbing then toss them back into the bag once at height. Hopefully This will be my last revision. View attachment 12141

I’ve been using the reactor for the last 3 years. It is good for me with spurs and a klemz.

Back