• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

what kind of permethrin are you using?

arrow30

im not looking for the premixed stuff, im looking for a quart or more of 10%. so I can soak my clothes.

im not looking for the premixed stuff, im looking for a quart or more of 10%. so I can soak my clothes.
I have had no trouble in Tick City with the standard Sawyer pre-mix in the yellow spray bottle. I spray my clothes until they’re damp every 1.5-2 weeks during early season, and I have not found so much as a mosquito, let alone a tick or chigger, since my first opening day in 2012. We have a ton of ticks and chiggers here, too. Just my 2 cents.

I found what I was looking for....
ANSbkZn.jpg

I have not found any benefit in terms of mosquitos. Do other folks see a difference on skeeters too?

I use Martin's.

Be careful, some have petroleum distillates and put a nasty smell on clothes.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have not found any benefit in terms of mosquitos. Do other folks see a difference on skeeters too?
I use it on everything in turkey season and it keeps the mosquitoes away for me. They will stull buzz a few inches away, but will not land.

John H., Hickory, NC

Keep your nose to the wind, and your eyes along the skyline.

I Use Martins. There may be others but I like it best. During Turkey season I have used the premixed horse fly stuff with citronella in it. It works great to. You cannot smell it when it dries either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mosquitoes will land on my treated clothes and will hang around getting my face and hands. Permethrin treated clothes for the ticks and chiggers + thermacell for the mosquitoes works best for me. I use the sawyers but when i run out i think i will run up to the feed store and see what they got. That stuff gets expensive pretty quick

I usually use https://www.bonide.com/products/rev.../46172/revenge-horse-and-stable-fly-spray-rtu

Because it is at local farm bureau co-op, but now co-op is closed. I just bought some gamehide elimitick
https://gamehide.com/why-gamehide/elimitick/
clothes (good for 70 washes). I hope they work as I hate reapplying every couple of weeks.
It’s not elimitick, but my GH Whitetail Jacket is freakin’ bulletproof and warmer than Satan’s jacuzzi. If their elimitick is half as rugged in the fabric alone, you’ll be in business. Those ticks will need adamantium claws and vibranium teeth to get through.

13% permethrin dilute with water works great no ticks or chiggers when it's dry there's no Oder one bottle will last a few yearsIMG_0017.JPGIMG_0017.JPGIMG_0017.JPG

Last edited:
Back