• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Whose rockin the wild edge steps this year

BigAl

Curious to see how many are going to be using the wild edge steps this season. And the way you are using them. I've got a set and they work pretty well but I'm looking for ideas of how ya'll might have great ideas for them. With all things.....there are advantages and disadvantages. The creative geniuses here may have great ideas! Getting older (58) so I'm looking for simple and safe. Thanks for your advice in advance!

I picked up 3 to try with a 3 step cayg aider. Probably will stick with sticks or bolts

I use my as well as Hawk Minis.
Cain method is my go to except I do a pull-up on the step as opposed to “walking up the tree”.
I feel safer with that than doing knaider-swaider.
If you can do a pull-up then it’s a breeze

I plan on using them this season.
I picked up a set a few months ago.

With a Knaider/Swaider I could get to we’re I wanted (20’ or so) comfortably with 4 steps.

Bought the gripper from Genesis 3D Printing, and they should be very easy to pack and manage going up/down the tree.

Pairing them with a ROS set from EWO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a set of 5 with the K/S. I want to practice the Cain method this summer. I like them a lot but do prefer my sticks

Strongly considering getting another set myself. I had a set of 8 before but I sold them wanting to try other things. A small part of me still misses them though even though they aren’t my preferred climbing method necessarily. I just used the 8 as is. No aiders or other things. Will likely do the same thing again if I buy.

Where I could them to be the most beneficial was on trees that go slightly out at an angle and then up. It’s amazing where you can make them work and a stick or other method might be awkward. So that’s my plan is to use them in the odd tree situations or just if i don’t feel like packing sticks on the outside of the pack maybe.

I use them exclusively. I pair 5 with a knaider and that’s high enough for me! I have a swaider too, but just don’t feel comfortable on that thing. I tended to swing around a little too much for my comfort. The knaider is rock solid for me though.

Got a 5 pack and 10 pack with a perch, sold everything else to climb with so its all Wildedge for me. I need to start practicing and shooting from them to get in shape and dial down my system.

I picked up a set of 8 along with a swaider, I used hawk helium full size last 2 seasons.
I will be selling those on this site soon. I like the size & weight reduction !

I have 2- 5 packs and the more I use them the more I like using a 5 pack with 3 step aider with the JX3. Repell down.

How do you get the knaider hook to "unhook"? It would grab and hold it and couldn't get my knee off.

I have the same problem.

Maybe I should post a vid of my circus act so someone can correct the great fawnzerelli

I have the same problem.

Maybe I should post a vid of my circus act so someone can correct the great fawnzerelli

I haven’t had that issue. I do keep it as tight around my knee as I can so that there’s very little “play” in it, meaning when I lift my knee straight up, the hook does the same with little to no slack.

Used 6 with a knaider some early season but struggled with them in the dark so went back to sticks...failure on my part but I used a kydex holster and found rope management was a pain..,tips on rope management?

I agree rope management is not great and have yet to see something innovative. I just let the rope hang outside the bag going up and coming down

Back