• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wild Edge perch

I’ve never had problems with my gen 1 perch. Even if they did do something I wouldn’t spend the money to get it changed for wings. I silence mine with vet tape and I think that made it snug down more.

So my perch is unsafe and there's nothing I can do about it
The original perch is not unsafe, this is an upgrade to the design. I can see if there was a safety issue to recall and replace but that is not the case here.

The original perch is not unsafe, this is an upgrade to the design. I can see if there was a safety issue to recall and replace but that is not the case here.

The wings are to pull in the bent step so the perch is tight.

I have seen some scary YouTube videos of crazy back and forth slop in the perch. I wouldn’t trust it... to be honest.

The wings are to pull in the bent step so the perch is tight.

I have seen some scary YouTube videos of crazy back and forth slop in the perch. I wouldn’t trust it... to be honest.
Like all of our equipment, we need to check it. A step would have to be severely bent open for the perch to come out. I have only seen steps bend tighter, but that is my experience. When that happens the perch wont fit into the step.

Like all of our equipment, we need to check it. A step would have to be severely bent open for the perch to come out. I have only seen steps bend tighter, but that is my experience. When that happens the perch wont fit into the step.

Same here.

Just like WEI suggests. A good first cam, then install perch, and cam over again. Rock solid for me. Have to make sure even pressure also when you cam over is huge!!

Same here.

Just like WEI suggests. A good first cam, then install perch, and cam over again. Rock solid for me. Have to make sure even pressure also when you cam over is huge!!
yup 2 handed even pressure stops the bending of the stand offs.

So what was the purpose of putting those new tabs on was it not to make it safer prevent it from wobbling or is it

It was a design improvement. I haven't heard of anyone having a perch break or come out of a step while hunting. I haven't personally used a perch so there might be something I am missing, I'm just not following the logic on this one.

It would be like a tree stand manufacturer improving the way their stand attaches to the tree and expecting them to replace every stand they had previously sold.

It was a design improvement. I haven't heard of anyone having a perch break or come out of a step while hunting. I haven't personally used a perch so there might be something I am missing, I'm just not following the logic on this one.

It would be like a tree stand manufacturer improving the way their stand attaches to the tree and expecting them to replace every stand they had previously sold.
I guess we could go on and on back and forth on this topic but according to their video they're showing that they can jump on it and it is safe the new original one even states that the original one had a wobble and these new tabs correct the wobble it had nothing to do with with the perch breaking it was to do with the wobbling when you stand on it thank you very much for your time

Back