• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Wind Direction

USSHornet

SH Member
If I don’t have access to milk weed what else could I use to see the wind and thermals? I hunt hill country and I gotta get a handle on this wind.

I carry milkweed, but a thread from your clothes, licking your finger, watching leaves or grass, or paying 5.00 to a forum member who has milkweed to have it shipped to you works too!

I carry milkweed, but a thread from your clothes, licking your finger, watching leaves or grass, or paying 5.00 to a forum member who has milkweed to have it shipped to you works too!

I tried licking my finger and it help for wind direction but not thermals. Also watch the leaves but I want more control. I didnt know anyone sold it, thanks man!

Pay attention in the summer as their is a lot of weeds in overgrown fields that have similar type fibers like milkweed that you can collect.

Rabbit fur works good
7bc0e92e6855aebe6577ddd17ae4eb86.gif

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a 6 in. string tied to my stabelizer, with a feather tied to it

Bubbles work too. I love the family weddings where they give out the tiny bubble bottles. Grab a handful and they last a few seasons each. You can see thermals with them if your eyes are good.

Back