• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

WorkSharp electric knife and tool sharpener?

DannyAttacksTheMountain

Just curious if anyone has used one of these for their broadheads. While at a hog hunt the skinners swore up and down about this electric sharpener and being an archery addict my first thought was using it for broadheads. Anyone use this in that manner?
Thanks all,
DATM

47a37f78c0989ac1b33b95bf8cd7c145.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the Thread makin em scary sharp there's a video on post 10, the guy uses something similar to get the burr on his head. I imagine using different grit belts would get it done. They probably have a stropping belt for it. I bet it would work.

On the Thread makin em scary sharp there's a video on post 10, the guy uses something similar to get the burr on his head. I imagine using different grit belts would get it done. They probably have a stropping belt for it. I bet it would work.

Thanks I’ll check it out

The only problem with the work sharp is that you have to be careful not to round out the point. I use mine for cleaning up bad edges on knives, but i have learned to be real careful at the tip of the knife.

Always careful! Lol. As long as it makes sharpening them quicker and easier then I don’t mind a little careful. Just don’t want it to be a headache

These make a blade stupid sharp. I accidentally had a knife slip right after using one and filleted my finger WIDE OPEN when the blade barely touched my skin. You can also round a blade tip extremely easily if you’re not careful.

Back