• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

I don’t think whitetail tree stand packs have to be as robust as a mountain hunting pack so they could go with a softer material for quietness in certain areas of the pack. Mystery Ranch treehouse uses a softer material. The Eberestock X2 is a little quieter as well with their softer material but not perfect (pack I use for tree stand/whitetail hunting).

Well… let’s not forget kifaru thinks this is what a whitetail hunter needs:

IMG_5778.png

What the heck am I looking at? I can't keep up. Is that thing the kifaru/LWCG collab that I think was alluded to? Can't possibly be?

What the heck am I looking at? I can't keep up. Is that thing the kifaru/LWCG collab that I think was alluded to? Can't possibly be?

It’s just a Stryker XL and a roll top bag in the meat shelf and some pouches.

It was a package deal they offered last year targeting whitetail hunters who might do an occasional hunt out west or camp/excursion hunt.

Camera gear for a party of 8…lol

From Whitetail to Western hunts, the Crossover Kit is the one-stop-shop for a pack frame setup that covers hunting needs from the East to the West.

The Crossover Kit is a complete setup that includes a 22” Tactical Frame, a Stryker XL, Camp Bag, both a Medium and Large Belt Pouch for the Molle webbing on the Styker XL, a Small Belt Pouch on one waist belt side, and a Water Bottle Pocket for the opposite waist belt side.

The Crossover Kit comes with the low profile 22” Tactical Frame which comes in handy when ducking under blowdown or needing more head clearance. The modular accessories give you a variety of placement choices, but we’ve set this kit up with our most popular accessories specifically for the Stryker XL.

The Stryker XL is a day-sized pack that attaches to our external frame system. Hauling in gear for treestand setups and feed plots is made easy with the cargo panel on the Stryker XL while still having enough room in that main daypack capacity for layers, kill kits, snacks, and water.

Need some extra capacity for heading out West? The included Camp Bag adds over 3500 additional cubic inches when installed into the cargo panel of the Stryker XL. The Camp Bag is easily detachable so you can leave your camp gear at your base camp and head out with the Stryker XL as your day pack with meat hauling capabilities.

The Crossover Kit is our pro-pick if you’re in between a lot of different hunting scenarios and need a kit that can do it all.

Kifaru sure loves the modular pouches but I keep seeing the skeleton of a crew cab, my first "nice" pack. I still regret selling it.

From Whitetail to Western hunts, the Crossover Kit is the one-stop-shop for a pack frame setup that covers hunting needs from the East to the West.

The Crossover Kit is a complete setup that includes a 22” Tactical Frame, a Stryker XL, Camp Bag, both a Medium and Large Belt Pouch for the Molle webbing on the Styker XL, a Small Belt Pouch on one waist belt side, and a Water Bottle Pocket for the opposite waist belt side.

The Crossover Kit comes with the low profile 22” Tactical Frame which comes in handy when ducking under blowdown or needing more head clearance. The modular accessories give you a variety of placement choices, but we’ve set this kit up with our most popular accessories specifically for the Stryker XL.

The Stryker XL is a day-sized pack that attaches to our external frame system. Hauling in gear for treestand setups and feed plots is made easy with the cargo panel on the Stryker XL while still having enough room in that main daypack capacity for layers, kill kits, snacks, and water.

Need some extra capacity for heading out West? The included Camp Bag adds over 3500 additional cubic inches when installed into the cargo panel of the Stryker XL. The Camp Bag is easily detachable so you can leave your camp gear at your base camp and head out with the Stryker XL as your day pack with meat hauling capabilities.

The Crossover Kit is our pro-pick if you’re in between a lot of different hunting scenarios and need a kit that can do it all.
I have a Kifaru Stryker XL frame pack for my out west hunts and really like it for hunting on foot….its a no go for me in the whitetail woods.

I don’t like the noise and it looks like another person up in the tree with me.

I have a Kifaru Stryker XL frame pack for my out west hunts and really like it for hunting on foot….its a no go for me in the whitetail woods.

I don’t like the noise and it looks like another person up in the tree with me.

It’s about on par with any of the frame pack stuff for how big it is in the tree and how noisy the fabric is. But, you feel about it how you do. Nothing wrong with not liking a thing.

I have a feeling the new “whitetail pack” won’t be much of any smaller in the tree nor quieter if indeed it’s the pack pictured earlier in this thread.

It’s about on par with any of the frame pack stuff for how big it is in the tree and how noisy the fabric is. But, you feel about it how you do. Nothing wrong with not liking a thing.

I have a feeling the new “whitetail pack” won’t be much of any smaller in the tree nor quieter if indeed it’s the pack pictured earlier in this thread.
As you alluded to earlier, it is a hard task to make a quiet, durable, pack at a great price. If you go for quiet material is not as tough. truly quiet zippers are expensive and add to the cost. Personally I never get the "zipper is too loud" you can zipper it quietly. Packs are very personal to the needs of the hunter. People like Matt at TX5 has the ability to make his own the way he wants it. That is probably the only way to get a pack that checks all of the personal boxes.

Any words on if LWCG coming out with a saddle climber? XOP seem to gave up on the idea. Or you think LWCG willing to sell just the lower part of the crossover?

I must have been born old then because my hands have always gotten cold easily. With a midweight glove on in 30 degree weather my hands will turn red in short order. Feet are the same way. Had circulation checked and the Dr said it was good. There is a condition that I forget the name of but I reckon I may have it. I am envious of folks that dont have to deal with this nonsense.
Could be Raynaud’s disease…causes the arteries to spasm in the cold. I have vasospasm issues in my hands and feet and it really sucks.

Back