• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Custom Gear Modifications Side Pouch

Flyerzfan10

Anyone using these yet? Wondering which size to go with. I only carry my lineman's rope and tether but i'm thinking of going with some strap on steps this year and would like to carry 4 on each side. Thanks!

Anyone using these yet? Wondering which size to go with. I only carry my lineman's rope and tether but i'm thinking of going with some strap on steps this year and would like to carry 4 on each side. Thanks!
I dont remember the exact specs but I had @always89y build me a pair of pouches the same size as the kifaru medium belt pouch. Depending on which steps you are using, you might be able to get 4 in there. The pouches are well built and worked well for my use all season. Just talk to Jerry and he will hook you up with what you need. For steps, you might ask him about custom molle on the outside with some vertical elastic strips to hold and securely carry steps on the outside of the pouch. I would think you could carry 4 that way pretty easily and still have the pouch for ropes or other stuff.

I'm not using these yet, but actually might consider them for my K4 pack now... I have a bunch of stuff from CGM, and I have nothing but good things to say about @always89y! Great company, great products, and great service! I would probably stay with the 9x7, but... I've had admin pouches about the large size, and that was way to big for me as a pocket.

I'm not sure, either these or the FHF Echelon pouches... IDK if the FHF would be tall enough for my phone though.

I'm happy with mine... I went with the larger ones, which are similiar to the lockdown/ultralock ones. The material Tethrd uses is more stretchy, but CGM has the camo pattern I want. They don't really flop around for me like the dump pouches do even with only attaching via the top connection points. Slimmer profile is great when maneuvering or walking through brush.

Pics for those interested.
I left my TX5 quick clips on my saddle, so that doesn't confuse anyone.

e0013497661eaaf8facfc5f584bd67d3.jpg
9f6e2128d90e99aebd4f26974d7f0269.jpg
0dc75d18ba7a2964d73f12c398d44f44.jpg
ad6972d4aec7b6032cb7adbca4209e52.jpg

Do they seem/feel bulky on the sides? Is that an Overwatch Orion?

Not bulky in my opinion. Profile is narrower with the CGM side pouches then with dump pouches... I had been using TX-5.
Yes, Overwatch Orion (somewhat custom) I sent Jamie the wolfskin material and had other simple mods.

I have a set on my CGM Cobra. 100 times better than a dump pouch, imo. Low profile and holds 40ft of rope easily. I will say that I don’t like the way the zipper opens from the back to the front. To me it needs a double zipper so it can be opened and closed from either end. If you store the lineman’s belt in one, it comes out the back side when the zippers closed, versus the front if the zipper closed to the front. It can be order with a double zipper if you wanted one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will say that I don’t like the way the zipper opens from the back to the front. To me it needs a double zipper so it can be opened and closed from either end. If you store the lineman’s belt in one, it comes out the back side when the zippers closed, versus the front if the zipper closed to the front. It can be order with a double zipper if you wanted one.
I gave Jerry this same feedback. He is doing them now with a double zipper. He offered to swap mine when I ordered another and submitted that same feedback. I'm sure he'd do the same for yours.

I gave Jerry this same feedback. He is doing them now with a double zipper. He offered to swap mine when I ordered another and submitted that same feedback. I'm sure he'd do the same for yours.

He offered to put one in mine as well. Thats one thing about doing business with Jerry… everything’s top notch! I’ll probably send mine back and have the double zippers put in. Other than that, they’re the perfect side pouch for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone running these pouches and have tried the lockdown ,
how would you compare on profile and Use!!

Yes, very comparable. The lockdown/ultralok pouch material is a bit thinner, lighter & has more dividers and more stretch. They are similar size and do the same thing for me.
On the tethrd ones, they preach "one hand operation", but once you get them loaded up and all the way zipped open, I found, for me, they were not truly one hand. May be different for others, just my experience. I really liked that setup and the pouches, but ended up selling it to someone that needed one.
If they were to release it in a camo pattern that I liked, I'd be open to buy another one, but what I currently have is pretty well refined for my use and the CGM side pouches were a great upgrade from all the dump pouches I've experimented with. To each their own.

Back