• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 Gear thread

I think its funny that all companies keep using the line "game changer" or "I hate to use the word 'game changer', but it is a game changer!"

Yep. There’s nothing even particularly novel about the ARK frame, even if it’s more comfortable overall and lighter than the Duplex and simpler and has some nice features.

I guess if someone really liked the Duplex Lite but had one of the issues Aaron mentions and therefore went another direction, the ARK puts Kifaru back in the game. That’s all. I certainly haven’t experienced any of them.

Truthfully Kifaru is always in the game for us western guys. The packs and frames are always near the tops for comfort and function. It’s a niche but no real reason it won’t sell well.

As I have stated before, they don't give one Vince McMahon, I mean crap about white tail hunters in the south or the entire east coast or mid west. They want big money western hunters who watch meat eater and fly in to the ranch of choice in their jets.

What is it that Western hunters have against camo packs?

Just a different level of stupidity…. A few years ago there was an anti camo push out here and it never really left the packs. Exo had ASAT and it didn’t do well. Overall I think it’s simpler and cheaper for the companies.

I know folks had to doggedly argue Exo into a camouflage K4. Steve did say it was more efficient to manufacture just two color ways, but relented to the demand. Shows Steve and Mark listen, even if they don’t always do as I wish. The 2200 in Fusion is a pretty nice looking bag imo.

No new whitetail pack?

Kifaru clearly has new bags in the works, based on social media. Why they aren’t being introduced or launched and what they are, I have no idea.

Maybe it helps folks offload their old Kifaru stuff above rock bottom. Idk.

But it just erks me.

K3 bags are in stock again. Thinking I might snag one to try on the Duplex Lite. Should cut a pound off my total pack weight, even if the design of the bag isn’t nearly perfect.

Exo does a special run every year of Kryptec. They also had multi cam and got ride of it. Kifaru had a few options and phased them out too. I did really like the Kifaru wolf gray when they had that.

What is it that Western hunters have against camo packs?
It's the same reason stone glacier makes all their clothing in all solids. Or the same reason Scottish lead stalkers wear plaid. Because camo is for hillbillies at Walmart and refined hunters only wear solids because that's why. Hahaha.

It's the same reason stone glacier makes all their clothing in all solids. Or the same reason Scottish lead stalkers wear plaid. Because camo is for hillbillies at Walmart and refined hunters only wear solids because that's why. Hahaha.

I’m good with plaids. Solids look like, solids. I’m for a sporting approach, but not looking to be gentlemanly with the deer.

I’d probably own SG stuff if they had camo. Definitely if I could try them at Walmart, lol.

I think it’s really because Western hunters take mile long shots with the Creed.

I’m good with plaids. Solids look like, solids. I’m for a sporting approach, but not looking to be gentlemanly with the deer.

I’d probably own SG stuff if they had camo. Definitely if I could try them at Walmart, lol.

I think it’s really because Western hunters take mile long shots with the Creed.
6mm creed…:tearsofjoy:

Tsss.
You can keep your magnums and your foreign rounds absurd, me i‘m gonna shoot my 8,5 instead.

Back