• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Styx

Does anybody know what the step to step distance in?

Warranty ?

Estimated height with 4 stix?

Maybe it's just me but I'm quickly getting to the point where I don't give a crap about these sticks. Why? I sent them a message asking how their rope is tied off on the stick. They replied saying that they are planning on making a video about it. This was on 1/27 or 2+ months ago. If they cannot provide simple details on something that's critical to the function of the stick, why on earth would I entrust that these sticks are well made. Sub-par sticks will put your life in danger and there's not a chance I'm going to do that. How hard would it be to make a 5 minute video showing how to do this?

David

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Curious as to what the pricing will be on these. A lot of good features, and life time warranty! Pricing will have to be reasonable for me to put my Skeletors on the shelf and buy these though.

Those are the only thing left I am interested in. Purely for the weight.
I knew you would change your mind. ;) Screenshot_20240404-145858-004.png

Joking aside you seem to have tried everything. So I am truly curious what your thoughts will be. These are appealing to me only based on they look super easy to take up the tree and set up. Maybe it's good marketing. Not sure. But I do look forward to seeing what you have to say about them.

So I went and contacted Tree Styx asking again about their connection method and when they will be able to show it, I received the following response.

"Hi David, Thanks for contacting us again. I was waiting to receive off tool parts to show the rope attachment method. They shipped today so I should have a video out next week. Sorry for the delay."

While I'm happy that they're going to do this somewhat soon, it makes absolutely zero sense why they cannot share this earlier. It sounds like another product sold to us consumers without the appropriate level of testing. Buyer beware IMO.

David

So I went and contacted Tree Styx asking again about their connection method and when they will be able to show it, I received the following response.

"Hi David, Thanks for contacting us again. I was waiting to receive off tool parts to show the rope attachment method. They shipped today so I should have a video out next week. Sorry for the delay."

While I'm happy that they're going to do this somewhat soon, it makes absolutely zero sense why they cannot share this earlier. It sounds like another product sold to us consumers without the appropriate level of testing. Buyer beware IMO.

David

I contacted them about availability and tried to get confirmed pricing. The only thing they would say is preorders open May 1

In the video go to the 3:30 mark.
Noise with the plastic sticks is one of the reasons I will not go with any plastic stick.

Not trying to sell you on them, just giving you my experience with those sticks. I used the Latitude sticks all last season. I had zero issues with them in terms of safety issues, there was some concern about the tie down method; or noise. It is only anecdotal evidence at best, but I managed to kill 6 deer and a coyote using them so noise was never an issue for me. I will also admit that I don't walk around scratching my sticks up and down on trees while I'm hunting, so maybe I'm not doing something that causes noise like they did.

Not trying to sell you on them, just giving you my experience with those sticks. I used the Latitude sticks all last season. I had zero issues with them in terms of safety issues, there was some concern about the tie down method; or noise. It is only anecdotal evidence at best, but I managed to kill 6 deer and a coyote using them so noise was never an issue for me. I will also admit that I don't walk around scratching my sticks up and down on trees while I'm hunting, so maybe I'm not doing something that causes noise like they did.
It’s the one sticking where you set and release several times that the noise becomes a problem. I bought one, tried it once in the backyard and knew it wouldn’t work for me due to noise(I saw no other complaints about noise at the time and was just my opinion). The open hollow sections create a lot of resonance. I decided to use my Hawk stick instead last season.

Not trying to sell you on them, just giving you my experience with those sticks. I used the Latitude sticks all last season. I had zero issues with them in terms of safety issues, there was some concern about the tie down method; or noise. It is only anecdotal evidence at best, but I managed to kill 6 deer and a coyote using them so noise was never an issue for me. I will also admit that I don't walk around scratching my sticks up and down on trees while I'm hunting, so maybe I'm not doing something that causes noise like they
I tried them at a meet up. I felt they made more noise then my LWCG sticks. But all sticks make some noise when you set them.
Tree steps or die, :) .

Back