• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Tree Styx

Things are getting competitive for 2024 https://treestyx.com

View attachment 98329
They look pretty sweet to me! A lot of thought to minimize the cumulative fiddle factor effect that gets cumbersome and time consuming day in and day out. Seems like they spent some honest time analyzing the little things that are annoying to us in the set up and tear down. I like that you can stack them one handed off your side. Nice phraseology as well with the: “No more “chandeliering”of things around you as you climb” statement. Four gets your 20ft due to the integrated aiders. LIFETIME WARRANTY l!!!

Now there is a refinement factor to a launch that many of the upstarts miss. This dude should sell some sticks.

I like the aider idea. Not really for me. I'm am old dog stuck in my ways, but that's a novel concept far as I know.
Yeah I’m not buying anything either but these treestyx do have my attention down the road perhaps. They still don’t fold or bundle up into a pocket.

Yeah I’m not buying anything either but these treestyx do have my attention down the road perhaps. They still don’t fold or bundle up into a pocket.

Funny mentioning folding, after all these years and trying all the top line sticks I'm still back to using the OG Heliums. The folding steps just pack better for me. The ONES came close, very, very close. These might also.

They seem like a renegade in a flooded market but it looks like they had too much time on their hands coming up with this design.
I feel like you're fooling yourself if you don't think these are the best of times for saddle hunting and being the top man in the wilderness.
The guy inventing them looks like a blue collar man and hopefully he can show me the way up the tree. :)

Last edited:
Some interesting ideas for sure. I don’t personally understand the chandeliering thing but if you are hanging them individually as you climb that’s certainly a benefit. Great to see new ideas, pushes everyone in the industry.

These have my attention. What's the maximum weight rating on them? I'm 6'2", 240-250 depending how good the wife's dinner is.lol I really like the attachment method on the One stick and sticks in general, but not the China part.

Anybody seen the skeletor retractable aider? Put them on 8 or my helium sticks this summer but one sticked all season with a 3 step aider instead. Pretty slick sitting in my garage though.

Funny mentioning folding, after all these years and trying all the top line sticks I'm still back to using the OG Heliums. The folding steps just pack better for me. The ONES came close, very, very close. These might also.

I like the ones that fold flat like Shikars and LWCG compacts and modded og LW sticks. The stacking of LWCG compacts is particularly nice as the profile is consistent, whereas there’s a slight offset in aligning the Shikars for stowage.

I think what ya’ll were doing with reversing the Heliums in pairs was nifty, but the fold flat designs are usually my favorite.

But in the case of the certain sticks and how they mate to a stand, flat stacking along a post is proving pretty nice too.

Anyway, my musings.

Hum. Seems everyone else uses a squared off step. These look rounded. What reason and advantage did they find to the round step.
Also anyone see a price?

I’m super happy with my ONES and won’t go back and yet still haven’t sold my Heliums. Thought of them as a starter set but they never had an issue and packed great with my setup. Nothing wrong with using what works for you despite what us addicts in the support thread do.

Hum. Seems everyone else uses a squared off step. These look rounded. What reason and advantage did they find to the round step.
Also anyone see a price?

round (cylindrical) is a stronger shape and lighter. They add squared off traction to stand on.

Now there is a refinement factor to a launch that many of the upstarts miss. This dude should sell some sticks.

I like the aider idea. Not really for me. I'm am old dog stuck in my ways, but that's a novel concept far as I know.
Did retractable single step aiders on my EWO Doublesteps 3 years ago. Worked great, just too much fiddle factor at the base of the tree for me. But it works great!
Actually, had them on my Gen1 ONE sticks also. My weight (180) went on the top roll pin for that one step onto the stick. Still using the ONEs (when I use sticks), but with three step aiders.

Last edited:
Question I have is…. How are they held together? Glue? I hope that 3d printed button is not going to be on the production models.

Yeah, I don’t see any hardware other than for the aiders. There is a center hole visible on the top tree bracket but it seems that’s for the aider pull on the bottom tree bracket and the top is just a manufactured duplicate part.

0ABCC870-5EF8-4141-9844-676C3DE87A89.jpeg
46DB97F5-AFDF-4518-8FB5-7B96FFE497AF.jpeg

It almost seems impossible to have that much more standoff AND built in aiders, and still hit 1lb in a strong and durable stick.

Hope they cracked the code.

Man I’d be chewing my fingernails bringing a design to production in the hunting space, so much competition for a relatively limited market. I wish everybody who rolls the dice with a really good product does ok… hope this fella makes some money initial take is that’s a great set of sticks.

These have my attention. What's the maximum weight rating on them? I'm 6'2", 240-250 depending how good the wife's dinner is.lol I really like the attachment method on the One stick and sticks in general, but not the China part.
I think they have a 300lb rating for the treestyx

Love the idea of carbon sticks. Used to be a cyclist and I know how strong it is, but at 200lb+ I still stuck with steel bikes. I would probably trust these depending on what they recommend for weight rating. But that joint from stick to step seems to be a little suspicious. I wonder if there is a "t-shaped" reinforcement inside or it's just bonded carbon to carbon.

1705072300218.png

Love the idea of carbon sticks. Used to be a cyclist and I know how strong it is, but at 200lb+ I still stuck with steel bikes. I would probably trust these depending on what they recommend for weight rating. But that joint from stick to step seems to be a little suspicious. I wonder if there is a "t-shaped" reinforcement inside or it's just bonded carbon to carbon.

View attachment 98369
I sure hope it's not a patent pending chemical welding process, :)

Back