• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

bridge

1. T

The Bridge Buddy

Eliminate Hip Pinch | Prolong Bridge Rope life | Only 2oz. | Fits in your pocket | Created in Wisconsin The Bridge Buddy is a product designed to help fellow hunters stay in the woods just a little longer. If you're like us, after sitting in your saddle for multiple hours, a little adjustment...
  2. RentalGoat89

New tethrd menace bridge

Hey guys, I’m new to the forum and to saddle hunting. I just got my tethrd menace today and I’ve been hanging in it/practicing shooting all day and I noticed the bridge is much thinner in the middle and has some of the core coming out. Should I be worried or is this normal? Tried googling...
  3. B

Damaged my Bridge

I’ve had my Tethrd menace saddle for a few months, haven’t had a chance to hunt out of it yet obviously, but I set up a practice spot out behind my house. Last year I shot a 9 point from my sons Mantis saddle so I thought I should get my own. Anyways, while practicing I caught my bridge on my...
  4. GreenMtHunter

My First Hunt in a Saddle! Thoughts and feedback appre

It was a balmy (and very windy) 70 degrees in VT. on Saturday. I woke up around 4:30am to meet my Old Man and get into our stands. At around 11:30 we departed after a quiet, yet beautiful morning amongst the foliage here in the Green Mountain State. On the way home I decided it was time to do...
  5. mn_booner

Adding a webbing bridge (Knots vs. Triglides/Sliders)

I currently have the older style Aerohunter Kestrel Flex that comes with the adjustable rope bridge. I don't like how bulky the adjustable rope bridge is, so I was going to add a webbing bridge this year. I purchased some 1" nylon flat webbing, 1" nylon tubular webbing, and two of these 1" heavy...
  6. DelaWhere_Arrow

Tethrd Phantom’s Bridge Knot

Hey y’all, been a while since I’ve posted but I was looking at the Phantom saddle and though it’s quite cool, I noticed some things that rang my safety alarm: the Amsteel bridge is adjustable with a prusik of exactly the same diameter and material. Is there a climbing instructor, arborist, or...
  7. Shakeandbake

Kestrel Flex bridge options

Hey guys, I have been eyeing up a kestrel flex to purchase and want know if any users can give me some input on what bridge option works best. I’m liking the rope bridge but most of the reviews on YouTube seem to be using the webbing bridge. New to the forum, thanks for any info.
  8. pesqimon

4000lb slider versus water knot

All else being equal, with a tubular webbing bridge, what would handle a fall better: bridge attached with water knots or attached with 4000lb sliders? Tubular webbing is 4400lbs, but water knot cuts this to 70% on the high end. So reduced to about 3000lbs. Still it seems to me that the...
  9. River Hunter

Kestrel bridge as second lineman belt?

Was out getting a tree set up last weekend which was also my maiden voyage with my size 2 Kestrel. First off some changes I made from stock set up in the two weeks I've had it.. I put a Ropeman 1 and carabiner on one side of the bridge - as it comes the bridge is way too long for my taste. And...
  10. Thunder81

Triple Fishermans Knot for Bridge?

So I am making a bridge out of climbing rope for my Sit Drag. I just need a short one so I made a loop with a triple fishermans knot in it. This will be attached using carabiners on each side of the Sit Drag. So I can remove it or swing it to the side as needed. I will then have a carabiner on...
  11. L

Fixed Bridge length

Thinking I'll cut some weight and do a fixed bridge. Easier than a diet :) Anyone that has one, length ?
Back