• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Adding a webbing bridge (Knots vs. Triglides/Sliders)

mn_booner

I currently have the older style Aerohunter Kestrel Flex that comes with the adjustable rope bridge. I don't like how bulky the adjustable rope bridge is, so I was going to add a webbing bridge this year. I purchased some 1" nylon flat webbing, 1" nylon tubular webbing, and two of these 1" heavy duty sliders from Eastern Woods Outdoors.

I was planning to either use the flat webbing with one slider on each bridge loop OR tubular webbing with water knots. Has anyone else made a bridge with webbing before? Are the sliders secure enough to use on a bridge? When I read into water knots, I see that some people call them European Death Knots and that they can fail.

Any suggestions?

My H2 saddle came with a web bridge with water knots. I got two triglides from EWO and they hold just fine, no worries of death while in the saddle.

I currently have the older style Aerohunter Kestrel Flex that comes with the adjustable rope bridge. I don't like how bulky the adjustable rope bridge is, so I was going to add a webbing bridge this year. I purchased some 1" nylon flat webbing, 1" nylon tubular webbing, and two of these 1" heavy duty sliders from Eastern Woods Outdoors.

I was planning to either use the flat webbing with one slider on each bridge loop OR tubular webbing with water knots. Has anyone else made a bridge with webbing before? Are the sliders secure enough to use on a bridge? When I read into water knots, I see that some people call them European Death Knots and that they can fail.

Any suggestions?
The tri glides are great, I am running them with a carabiner on one side so I can store my bridge and not have to step through it. I double the tag ends and stitch them so there is no way they can slide out, I have not had them slide one bit though. Remember with your bridge that is your life line, it is better to be safe than sorry.

Does anyone have pics of their webbing bridge with triglides? I will upload some later. I want to be certain I'm routing the webbing correctly so that it won't slip.

The tri glides are great, I am running them with a carabiner on one side so I can store my bridge and not have to step through it. I double the tag ends and stitch them so there is no way they can slide out, I have not had them slide one bit though. Remember with your bridge that is your life line, it is better to be safe than sorry.

I am running the flex with the rope bridge. I did two heavy 1” sliders from DanO.

I hate to step through saddles.

Can you snap some pics of your setup and share please.

Thx.

I have extra webbing folded over and secured with velcro that I stitched into the doubled over portion to keep it from dangling in case I want to lengthen my bridge

This is how I have the flat webbing setup now with triglides. Is this alright? Or should I pay a tailor to stitch it? I don't have a sewing machine.

Screenshot_20200901-190643_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200901-190653_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200901-190647_Gallery.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200901-190637_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200901-190637_Gallery.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 35
I would personally make a larger tag end and knot it or use a speedy stitch to stitch the doubled end.

Take your tag end and run it over the top and thru the bottom. That’s how I have mine and it’ll lock it in. Just a little extra security.

The issue I have with buying something like speedy stitcher is that by the time I get all the materials, I will have sank more money in it than just buying something like an amsteel bridge from custom amsteel products or H2 lol. Obviously my life depends on the bridge so I was just going to keep using my rope bridge until I got this worked out. The rope bridge has a sewn eye on it, so I don't want to cut that off until I get the new bridge 100% figured out.

How's this @shamus275 ?

Screenshot_20200901-191728_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20200901-191721_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
The issue I have with buying something like speedy stitcher is that by the time I get all the materials, I will have sank more money in it than just buying something like an amsteel bridge from custom amsteel products or H2 lol. Obviously my life depends on the bridge so I was just going to keep using my rope bridge until I got this worked out. The rope bridge has a sewn eye on it, so I don't want to cut that off until I get the new bridge 100% figured out.

View attachment 33496
You can get a cheap one from harbor freight for like 7 dollars. But I understand that you wouldn’t want to cut the sewn eye.

Tie a knot in the tag end for extra security until you get your bridge figured out

How's this @shamus275 ?

View attachment 33496View attachment 33497
Exactly like that.

Back