• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2020 shed thread

OspreyZB

SH Member
Anyone finding shed antlers yet? Picked up my first of the year on Saturday, 10 yards from a heavily used hiking trail. Most of the bucks near me will hold their antlers until mid February and some as late as April. I try to stay out of the security cover until they really start dropping good, but will walk food sources every chance I get. Post your shed finds here!IMG_20200127_090330__01.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

No luck here in southern IL yet, have been several times the past two weeks, shed hunting /scouting, most still have them on, but have seen a couple with only one and had a 1 1/2 in my yard that had lost both already

I was out scouting Saturday but didn't find any. Learned about some good fall stand spots though...… I hope.

Will be going out scouting and shed hunting the end of this week, good to see they're dropping.

I saw 3 bucks in NE FLA over the weekend and they all still had their antlers. I don't know if I just stink at finding them or the squirrels are just antler addicts and get to them before I do.... I've only ever found 2 sheds in my hundreds of miles I've put in the woods

No fresh ones yet, but I did find these 2 old ones on a new piece I scouted, I believe they are the same buck, one from last year and the year before that, they were only 30 yards apart on the same trail about 50 yards from bedding area, gonna give it another month and go back and see if I can locate this years drop, should be cranking up here soon,heading out again today.
20200117_070748.jpg

Next weekend I think I’m going to start looking. Ive seen deer holding in February.. but usually by the end of this month or into March were good to go in NY

I found this squirrel hunting this weekend. Think this 7 pointer shed a little more than he bargained for. I did also find one 4 point side as well. But most bucks I’ve seen in person are still holding both sides here in Tennessee. 824D28FB-E30E-4CDD-BF19-0055EE36F364.png

Put a few miles on the horses with my dad and daughter today. Saw a bunch of beds but no sheds.

f7337cc382c484970fb421ab39a070c4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that's the way to scout and look for sheds. Are those four wheel drive??

Lol my dads mule is more like 4-low the other two not so much, was kinda slick and greasy so we stayed off any steep ground.. we definitely can cover a lot of ground quick with them, think we’re still a little early here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back