• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2022 Contest Final Results

boyne bowhunter

Staff member
SH Member
Well here it is February 16th and another contest is in the books.

First I’d like to offer thanks to all of you who participated in this years contest. I still believe this contest is great for getting to know other forum members from across the country as well as developing an understanding of the unique challenges whitetail hunters in other parts of the country face.

Secondly I want to congratulate all the successful hunters this year. There were 140 deer entered this year which is really good considering we had 154 participants. That makes this the highest kill per entrant rate this year than in any of the years I’ve been involved in this contest. Additionally the size of the bucks taken seemed to be bigger on a whole this year. There were four 12 pointers, one 11 pointer, nine 10 pointers, six 9 pointers and twenty five 8 pointers entered this year! That's a bunch of really nice head gear! Way to go guys.

This contest had one of the tightest finishes of any in my memory. The difference between first and second place was only two points and there was only two points separating the next 5 teams. Three teams tied for fifth place with 106 points. If this parity trend keeps up we’re going to have to consider implementing tie breaking rules in future contests.:tearsofjoy:

Finishing in third place was Team 7 with 108 points (one ahead of Team 2’s 107 points). Great season guys!

The second place team was my own Team 8 whose members carried my dead weight into second place with a total of 141 points. From a personal standpoint I want to thank my teammates for sharing their seasons with me. I truly enjoyed the ride.

This year’s First Place finisher is Team 5 with an impressive 143 points. Congratulations to @Arrowsquirrel, @Blacksmith, @CajunSlinger, @Chrighton, @cville_bowhunter, @EricS, @HuumanCreed, @Jammintree, @JASmith, @kobudo, @philsanchez76, @Unshackled, @VASteve and @Wirrex! You guys really knocked down a bunch of deer this year. Well done and Congratulations on a total team effort!

Finally, I want to thank @redsquirrel for hosting the contest again this year and letting me keep score again. I look forward to it every year and really enjoy sharing in everyone’s success. Once again I also want to sincerely thank each and every one of you for participating. I hope you found it as enjoyable as I did. I’m already looking forward to sharing the 2023 season with you all.

Boyne Bowhunter

FINAL SCORING:
1676557093370.png

Kill Breakdown:
1676557154019.png

This contest was a lot of fun! An added bonus was that it gave me that extra boost of motivation to get out of bed and get after it on those particularly difficult, early mornings.

Thanks for both the tough competition (especially team 8) and the solidarity (especially team 5), all! Until next season friends!

Boyne is truly selfless and thoughtful of the other teams. He wouldn't even sacrifice his own values and shoot a lowly doe so his team could win ( his family will likely starve to death). Then, he wouldn't even look the other way when several of his team members shot deer and forgot to take pics with the saddle in the field only to let other teams take pics with their saddles in the garage at home after they roadkilled their deer. LOL

Kidding aside, thanks for everything Boyne, Squirrel and all the guys that got out there and made the contest happen.

PS. Boyne, if you need some meat for the freezer, let me know, I'll send some over.

Back