• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2024 The Great American Outdoor Show roll call

HuumanCreed

SH Member
I'm planning to go for a day, probably on the 9th or 10th depending if I managed to work some extra hours. Its about 1.5 hour drive north for me. So day trip.

First time going and have no actual plan except to walk around, maybe with a little cash burning in my pocket for something shiny. Oh maybe a release in my pocket too in case I want to try a bow, wait, it is not going to be similar to ATA or ETAR where you get to try a lot of bows?

Who's going?

Any tips and advices?

I'm planning to go for a day, probably on the 9th or 10th depending if I managed to work some extra hours. Its about 1.5 hour drive north for me. So day trip.

First time going and have no actual plan except to walk around, maybe with a little cash burning in my pocket for something shiny. Oh maybe a release in my pocket too in case I want to try a bow, wait, it is not going to be similar to ATA or ETAR where you get to try a lot of bows?

Who's going?

Any tips and advices?
When you go can you please take a look at these sticks and give us some feedback?

I will be there for a few days in the TL tent which is at the Lancaster archery booth. This is usually in archery hall. Having been there a few years now, I would say you need 2 days to see and experience it all. Archery hall is where you will find most of the saddle companies, some are scattered among the big halls. It is an impressive show to say the least.

I'm going. Planning on two days. I've already been reviewing the vendor list and making my itinerary as well as a list of items I want to buy and at what price they normally are so I know if the "show price" is good.

My advice is don't go on opening day, but seems you already have that covered.

Who's going?

Any tips and advices?
Where is this and when?

Lol the event will be at capacity if we all do that.

I'd be game, but I'm just not sure I can convince them to be into it enough to make the drive up/back worth it
Wife laughed at my face when l said we can go as family. She doesn't need to be abandoned by me at a convention. My eyes would be wandering too much to help herd the crew.

that's why I'm going 2 days. First day will be me and the wife, second day is when I get to go back and look at all the stuff I had to bypass

I will be there for a couple days, probably mid week. Trying to coordinate with 2 other guys and nail down dates

I went last year for the first time, thought it was just OK. More “gimmicky” stuff there than I was expecting and just felt like a slightly more professional gun show. I wasn’t planning on going again this year but won’t be within driving distance of the show next year so may end up going for a day again this year.

Just out of curiosity…do companies typically sell their products at the show? And if they do , are there any specials or discounts they offer? I’m specifically interested in possibly buying a set of Latitude carbon sticks.

David

David
Yes, the companies do have show specials/discounts available for their products of which you can purchase n take home with you the day of the show.
Latitude will be there.....

Back