• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

2TC-K.I.S.S. Videos: Part 2 can be found in Post #36

MNFarmHunter

Be gentle...this is my first time making and/or posting a video.

I've mentioned in the past that I'd put together a video on how I climb 2TC. I'm not going to say that this is the best way but it is the simplest IMO. Part 1 goes over the equipment itself in the comfort and warmth of my home. Part 2 should be done this weekend and will show the actual climb.

Hopefully this'll answer some questions and generate a few more.

Good video looking forward to the next one… I’ve been one sticking for blind entry and new spot hunts but I’m very interested in 2tc climbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great video. Looking forward to seeing the climb! Show us going around a limb too since you mentioned your 1/4” Amsteel temp tether!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely gonna give this a shot once some snow melts off, hopefully over the next week. Curious, would 1” webbing suffice for a foot strap so I can test this process out to see if I like it, before I go buying a custom foot strap?

Definitely gonna give this a shot once some snow melts off, hopefully over the next week. Curious, would 1” webbing suffice for a foot strap so I can test this process out to see if I like it, before I go buying a custom foot strap?
It certainly could but with this method shown, your linemans belt serves as your footloop. Girth hitch one end around the tree and as shown in the video, tie a bowline in the other end for the footloop.

Depending on when one of my kids grace me with their presence this weekend, I'll film part 2 which'll show the tree setup, climbing, rotating around a tree and descending.

Yes of course. Some ppl use a 3/16 " amsteel loop!!!

I enjoy one sticking and really enjoy doing it on my EWO UOS with the UP platform (alphabet soup again)..... but there are some trees that are just a more of struggle sometimes than others. I'm hoping with 2TC that I'll be able to dial in an even lighter method for long walk in hunts in hill country.

Back