• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

7/64 Amsteel Daisy Chain - Standard Lonewolf 30" sticks

Smarko243

Morning all,

I'm sort of new to the forum, I joined last year when my wife bought me a Tethrd phantom starter kit for Christmas. I was able to try it out a few times in the yard and a handful of times late season archery here in PA. I have hunted with it every "sit" this season and love it. I have however, to no surprise of you guys, noticed how loud and clunky my straps / buckles are when getting up the tree. I did some research and decided to go with amsteel daisy chains and believe the 7/64" are "plenty" strong according to numerous posts on here and Youtube. With that being said, I am a little reluctant seeing how small this rope actually is now that I have it. I weigh around 165# and probably closer to 175# with all my gear on. I see that the break strength is 1600# and working load is 230#, i just get concerned when splicing and essentially splitting strands in half.

Should I have purchased a little stronger rope? Sorry in advance as I am sure this has been covered a million times.

Thanks!

I'm 220 lbs. and been using the same 7/64" daisy chains for 3 seasons I made and they get used a lot.
Ultimately you have to do what feels comfortable to you though!

I run 7/64 on my single stick and I'm 220 on a good day. I keep my tether tight, and I use a strap for my platform. If I did it again I would go with 1/8, but mostly because it is easier to splice.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I run 7/64 on my single stick and I'm 220 on a good day. I keep my tether tight, and I use a strap for my platform. If I did it again I would go with 1/8, but mostly because it is easier to splice.

good to know thanks!

ok sounds good
I'm 220 lbs. and been using the same 7/64" daisy chains for 3 seasons I made and they get used a lot.
Ultimately you have to do what feels comfortable to you though!
thanks man, thats reassuring.

Back