• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

8mm oplux prusik size?

Shakeandbake

Was going to order a new tether from doublesteps but doesn’t look like they come with a prusik knot. I have an 8mm Sterling prusik on my current tether. Is a 8mm prusik the correct size for 8mm oplux?

With the 6mm TRC what's the general consensus for eye to eye length when tieing a distel?

I tried 36” and seemed too short, I tie a
schwabisch but I’m betting 3.5’ would work for you too. Surprising how much length knots use.

3.5’ of 6mm TRC ought to do. If you’re not familiar with a distel or several knots, consider sticking with the tried and true prussic. Easy to tie, easy to inspect, easy to undo and redo in the field. Meanwhile get more familiar with the options of hitches and practice them at home.

I'm running a 23 inch eye to eye with the distel and like the knot a lot. It works really well holding and releasing. My only issue is when I'm at hunting height I just feel like the legs of the distel are too long causing me to have to either move my tether higher or shorten my bridge.

I did try shortening the overall length of my eye to eye but then felt like I was running into issues either not having enough loops to get it to hold or with the right amount of loops the legs weren't long enough for the hitch to release well.

I'm running a 23 inch eye to eye with the distel and like the knot a lot. It works really well holding and releasing. My only issue is when I'm at hunting height I just feel like the legs of the distel are too long causing me to have to either move my tether higher or shorten my bridge.

I did try shortening the overall length of my eye to eye but then felt like I was running into issues either not having enough loops to get it to hold or with the right amount of loops the legs weren't long enough for the hitch to release well.

If I remember correctly, my Michoacán’s are tied with 23 1/2” eye to eyes. And I get them good snd compact enough to where it’s not an issue. But I run a high tether also. Like a foot above my head maybe.

Back