• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Aero Hunter Shrike - Revised Linemans

Take it how you want but the bottom line is that the new saddle now has the option to use a regular linemans belt which i know not having that option was a deal breaker for many!

Ok, enjoy. I like my old Aero Hunter fine, with its bigger linesman loops. I'm getting turned off to them recently with what I'm seeing out of them. Doesn't mean the saddle isn't fine.

They put a loop on the already terrible lineman’s belt? What do you do with the 8’ of webbing? Now you are going to have 8’ of webbing plus now 8’ of rope? Weird…

The loops are still to small to function properly in the field.

Pass…

Ok, enjoy. I like my old Aero Hunter fine, with its bigger linesman loops. I'm getting turned off to them recently with what I'm seeing out of them. Doesn't mean the saddle isn't fine.

If you take a look in the other thread you'll see (if you haven't already) the lineman's loops aren't as small as some people have said or shown. But totally understand man, no saddle is best for everyone and I currently run an older Aero Hunter. That's why it's nice that we have so many options on the market now.

If you take a look in the other thread you'll see (if you haven't already) the lineman's loops aren't as small as some people have said or shown. But totally understand man, no saddle is best for everyone and I currently run an older Aero Hunter. That's why it's nice that we have so many options on the market now.

I guess that is directed at me. I will post them again. No intended deception on my part. The lineman’s loops are smaller than any others I have seen.

7D63065C-2246-4F4A-9BD2-E1508C78726E.jpeg622B7DCF-E692-488D-B43F-06535F67FED3.jpeg23E4C713-C539-459E-901D-1DBB6CBA48A1.jpeg

They put a loop on the already terrible lineman’s belt? What do you do with the 8’ of webbing? Now you are going to have 8’ of webbing plus now 8’ of rope? Weird…

The loops are still to small to function properly in the field.

Pass…

Cut the extra 8' off? I get its not for everyone but with everything else this saddle has to offer ill give them a thumbs up on the revision

Everything else this saddle has to offer? For example?

The Aero Hunter quality, testing and safety. The durability they put into them, the comfort from the shape and pleat plus the revised leg straps, suspension and frame for even more comfort, the reflective stitching, the great customer service I have dealt with over the years with both Aero Hunter and New tribe.

Right on. Imo, that's all Casey had to say....we're hearing some folks prefer a linesman's configuration they're accustomed to so we're making that accommodation. Now offering...

I like options, I most prefer options that I like...I dislike the current option...and I really don't like his approach. That said, I still trust AH build quality. When that goes, well, thats the whole shebang.

I seem to recall reading that the webbing lineman’s belt can simply be removed without cutting it off.
True or false?

Well the new added lineman's loop is part of that webbing now so you wouldn't want to remove it completely. It is possible to do without cutting but the buckles are attached to the saddle and then you would have no loop on that side.

Well the new added lineman's loop is part of that webbing now so you wouldn't want to remove it completely. It is possible to do without cutting but the buckles are attached to the saddle and then you would have no loop on that side.

Wait a minute...They made the linesman's loop part of the removable belt and not part of the saddle, or at the least attached to the non-removable part of the belt? That doesn't make any sense.

Wait a minute...They made the linesman's loop part of the removable belt and not part of the saddle, or at the least attached to the non-removable part of the belt? That doesn't make any sense.

I am basing this off the picture as I don't have any connection with Aero Hunter and don't have one in hand but it appears to me that the loop is on the tag end on the lineman's webbing.

The small linesman loops for me wouldn't be the end of the world. However, I do like the larger loops. For me its the webbing linesman. I can't have a hard opinion on this as I never used webbing for that purpose but I can only assume the HTP that I use would fit my needs better than a webbing linesman. I do like that someone out there is trying new ideas. It will only lead to improved designs in the saddle world

I am basing this off the picture as I don't have any connection with Aero Hunter and don't have one in hand but it appears to me that the loop is on the tag end on the lineman's webbing.

It's hard to tell in the pic but, I can't imagine they would do that. My guess is the loop is part of the permanently attached portion of the belt and you can still remove the belt itself at the buckle.

The small linesman loops for me wouldn't be the end of the world. However, I do like the larger loops. For me its the webbing linesman. I can't have a hard opinion on this as I never used webbing for that purpose but I can only assume the HTP that I use would fit my needs better than a webbing linesman. I do like that someone out there is trying new ideas. It will only lead to improved designs in the saddle world

Thats the point of this revision is if you dont like the webbing linemans, you can now attach a standard rope linemans

Kinda snarky. Not how I'd do business, for sure. Not what I expect feom AeroHunter.

That's what I thought when I read it. Nothing like passive-aggressively insulting your customer base. Oh well... I'm no longer in the market, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Back