• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Any Tethrd deals coming???

I spit my coffee out when i read this lmao.
Its hilarious .
Sadly that company just cant get much to work the last few years.
A shame.
Not gonna lie I did feel kinda bad about shutting OP's thread down for a minute, but I see they got it going again. I'm sure they'll make plenty off this sale, nobody seems to care about the recalls and lack of transparency, but I really hope nobody else gets hurt as a result.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie I did feel kinda bad about shutting OP's thread down for a minute, but I see they got it going again. I'm sure they'll make plenty off this sale, nobody seems to care about the recalls and lack of transparency, but I really hope nobody else gets hurt as a result.
Me too brotha.
its like i said before its a shame because i wont buy anything from that Company especially anythingthat has to keep my fat azz in a tree lol

Care to elaborate on these issues? I’m not familiar with any of it.

There's a lot of info if you search, but they've had recalls on the predator platform gen 1 after it cracked, issues with warped and cracked platforms on xls, multiple recalls on the ONE sticks in a single year (gen 3 within months of initial release isn't a good sign) after they broke too with some slightly questionable testing and return process, I think another on a saddle a few years back (mantis perhaps, not sure about that one)... Their customer service is generally pretty good at replacing stuff, but (my opinion) they seem to release products that aren't fully tested, and complete testing on the first round or two of consumers to buy and break things. They shouldn't have to be complimented on their customer service as much as they are. It's weird, I'd rather have things that don't break... And not have to care what their support is like, if I were to choose either or.

Added to all that, the company basically started on here, and while I'm all for people being successful and more power to them, it seems (again my opinion) that they've pivoted to profits over all, at the expense of consumer safety. But they make the lightest stick currently, so people will buy them.

Recalls are part and parcel with innovation. Ford, GMC, Chevrolet, Toyota etc. always have safety recalls and they have considerable testing prior to any products are released. AS for the customer service at tethrd... I had a gen1 platform with no issues BUT i did not want to encounter one at 20 feet so I questioned them. Without hesitation they replaced it with a new one even thought the gen 1 was fine! I have been very happy with my tethrd purchases, their service and praise them for their innovation, recalls or not.

Recalls are part and parcel with innovation. Ford, GMC, Chevrolet, Toyota etc. always have safety recalls and they have considerable testing prior to any products are released. AS for the customer service at tethrd... I had a gen1 platform with no issues BUT i did not want to encounter one at 20 feet so I questioned them. Without hesitation they replaced it with a new one even thought the gen 1 was fine! I have been very happy with my tethrd purchases, their service and praise them for their innovation, recalls or not.
Ok. Not going to turn your post into yet another debate on this, good luck this season I hope you are successful and don't get hurt, regardless of what you use.

Deleted my post cuz momma always told me if I can’t say something nice…

Come on guys, just wait for that new carbon fiber platform. You know the one they received the best new product of 2022 award at the PA show.
That is going to be a game changer!

There's a lot of info if you search, but they've had recalls on the predator platform gen 1 after it cracked, issues with warped and cracked platforms on xls, multiple recalls on the ONE sticks in a single year (gen 3 within months of initial release isn't a good sign) after they broke too with some slightly questionable testing and return process, I think another on a saddle a few years back (mantis perhaps, not sure about that one)... Their customer service is generally pretty good at replacing stuff, but (my opinion) they seem to release products that aren't fully tested, and complete testing on the first round or two of consumers to buy and break things. They shouldn't have to be complimented on their customer service as much as they are. It's weird, I'd rather have things that don't break... And not have to care what their support is like, if I were to choose either or.

Added to all that, the company basically started on here, and while I'm all for people being successful and more power to them, it seems (again my opinion) that they've pivoted to profits over all, at the expense of consumer safety. But they make the lightest stick currently, so people will buy them.
Never seen a recall on the platform, are you sure it wasn’t just a couple issues they fixed as opposed to a recall? I’m wrong often but just haven’t seen it I guess.

Never seen a recall on the platform, are you sure it wasn’t just a couple issues they fixed as opposed to a recall? I’m wrong often but just haven’t seen it I guess.
Like I said, there's a lot of info if you search, i am being a dead horse beater.

I googled it several ways and couldn’t find it, that’s why I asked.
One of many threads on here https://saddlehunter.com/community/index.php?threads/predator-cracked.35035/

It may be because up until the one sticks they were able to quietly sweep things under the rug, and the stick is the only "official" recall, but having customer service replace or refund a whole batch of platforms is... The same thing. Again, there's tons of threads, I guess try some different keywords like platform and cracked

Here are a few quick examples of quality-related issues with their products: the original predator platforms breaking, One stick glue attachments, One stick roll pins, One stick stacking pins, Skeletor orange stacking pins, Skeletor bolt length, One stick gen 2 recall….

Back