• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Anyone regret moving to larger platform?

TNbowhunter

I have an OG Predator, and I’ve been thinking about trading for a Predator XL or Mission to get a bit more foot room during my standing breaks (I mostly sit, with some leaning mixed in) and for weak side shots (I prefer to stand upright for those instead of contorting/twisting around—just more stable for me). So, my question is: Has anyone made a similar move with similar motives and regretted it? Or has it been a great move for those of you who’ve done it?
Also, I primarily hunt private land with a 1/4 mile walk or less, though my public ground hunting has ramped up the last couple years.
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts and experiences!

I don't regret it, predator xl has been great, but I'll be switching back to a regular predator next year. I personally don't think the extra weight/space is a good enough trade-off. Even at 250 lbs I can turn and shoot the weak side just fine.

No regret, I moved from a Klemz to a LWCG Ambush. It was double the area at the cost of 2 lbs. But with adding backpack straps to the Ambush I use it as a frame just like the LWCG .5. The ability to stand with comfort and room to spare make it worth so much more. Never going back to a small platform.

I have a mission and a ridge runner and hunt almost exclusively out of the ridge runner. I blame that on my pack setup tho

I had the regular predator and went to the xl this year and it has been awesome. Easier to setup also imo. I bought it before season last year for my wife so it never got used, this year I decided to try it out and haven't hunted from any other platform since.

How big of tree do you hunt? Imo if your in a smaller tree, you can east get around it. No need to turn. In a bigger tree you have to turn. I have an UP, predator, and mission. Since using the UP, I haven't had a desire to pull out the mission, as I learned what I don't need. But I am not ready to part with it yet. I may go to it when it's colder. But kinda wish I had the EDP over the mission.

How big of tree do you hunt? Imo if your in a smaller tree, you can east get around it. No need to turn. In a bigger tree you have to turn. I have an UP, predator, and mission. Since using the UP, I haven't had a desire to pull out the mission, as I learned what I don't need. But I am not ready to part with it yet. I may go to it when it's colder. But kinda wish I had the EDP over the mission.
I liked my mission until I got an edp…..

i regret trading my predator for the mission. then trading/selling the mission for cash plus a solo scout. Predator is the perfect size, mission is too large and solo scout is too small.

I started with the Mission and absolutely love it once its in the tree. If I am walking or biking in pretty far I can't use the Mission since my bow is on my pack. I am hunting more and more with ROS (+/-) the Perch

Started big went small and added a ROS. No shot is a weak side then. I wasn’t a fan of my consistency when shooting weak side or trying to stand on my platform for it. Now one step around the tree and I am set.

Bought the Misson and the EDP at the same time. Was going to sell one, keep one and fully expected I’d keep the mission. After a few days of using both I sold the mission. I personally feel l don’t need the extra space. Weight isn’t a factor since it’s only around a pound. Packability is nice with the EDP. If you think about. It’s about two inches extra of get around the tree with the Mission. Not sure that would make a difference.

I love my mission, but you guys are going to make me buy an EDP. You guys suck!!!! Does anyone with size 15 boots have an EDP, how does it fit?

I love my mission, but you guys are going to make me buy an EDP. You guys suck!!!! Does anyone with size 15 boots have an EDP, how does it fit?
I have tiny feet. Size 9. If I had 15’s I’d honestly probably stick with the Mission. Idk though just guessing more of less.

I have a mission and a ridge runner and hunt almost exclusively out of the ridge runner. I blame that on my pack setup tho
I thought you ground hunted from artillery range exclusively??
(Edit: Couldn’t get my emojis to go through, so want to be clear that I’m just teasing!)

Back