• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Ape Canyon 9.5 mm Ghillie Rope

Shapeshifter

SH Member

Has anyone tried this climbing rope yet? Ape Canyon 9.5mm Ghillie from Rock N Arbor. Haven't really seen or heard anything about yet.

I haven’t got any, but it must not have much stretch if the elongation rating is correct. I was more interested the 10.5mm Vulcanus, waiting for some of it to arrive. It would be hard to find a better rope than the Bluewater Protac.

Thanks @John RB, for the 10% discount!

Last edited:
I came across that rope a couple weeks ago. Far as I can tell, it is a house brand for Rock-N-Arbor. Seems they are building a product line under this "Ape Canyon" brand. I saw some aiders from them under the same brand, as well.

This makes me wonder about the origins of such rope. Who's actually making it? Where is it made? This info is hard to come by despite my searching, and that makes me cautious.

Just my thoughts.

I came across that rope a couple weeks ago. Far as I can tell, it is a house brand for Rock-N-Arbor. Seems they are building a product line under this "Ape Canyon" brand. I saw some aiders from them under the same brand, as well.

This makes me wonder about the origins of such rope. Who's actually making it? Where is it made? This info is hard to come by despite my searching, and that makes me cautious.

Just my thoughts.
I was wondering the same thing.

Anyone ever get any answers around the manufacturer/etc? I ordered some and it didn’t come with an instruction sheet or any other markings that indicate it’s certified to any safety standards. I submitted a question to RnR through their product page asking if it’s certified. Will see what they say.

Searching online for 3/8”, 32 strand static rope, I see Teufelberger KM III come up. The specs don’t match up exactly, but a lot of the descriptions are similar. E.g. mentioning non rotational, “optimum core/sheath ratio”, mentioning high UV and abrasion resistance. The close up photos also look similar. The KM III is listed as meeting EN 1891A and NFPA 2500 standards. Anyone have any experience with that rope to help determine if Ghillie might be a custom color of KM III?

FYI I posted on the JRB FB group and someone from Rock n Arbor responded if anyone wants to see there is a lot more info there.

Back