• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Beard survey.

Do you grow a beard?

• For hunting season and/or winter.

Votes: 15 16.3%
  • Full timer.

Votes: 62 67.4%
  • Can't grow one.

Votes: 7 7.6%
  • ZZ Top!!!!!

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • No way.

Votes: 7 7.6%

• Total voters

MattMan81

SH Member
I usually grow one out for winter. But as the weather is warming, it's about time for it to go. But do any of you consider it camouflage??

I went with can’t grow one. Not a real good full beard anyway haha. But I always give it a try!

I hate shaving but the wife hates the greybeard look more than I hate shaving. A happy wife equals a happy life is definitely true so I have always shaved mine off after season. I still only shave every two or three days though so I sport a perpetual stubble.

At this point in my life my beard is whiter than my face so I can't really call it camouflage. It is warm though. The first few days after I shave it, the cold winter air feels brutal on my bare face. I shaved this morning and the temp was -4 F when I got out of the truck at work. I was definitely wishing I was still sporting the beard then.

I'm on Tapatalk so I can't see the survey at the moment, but I sport a very large beard year round. I'm going for sort of a barbarian chic look.

In terms of camouflage I don't know. It's definitely less surface area I have to cover with grease paint in the early season at least.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Beard ramblings…
I got a bet going now with a coworker to make it to June without shaving. I have a baby face and bad facial hair genes so it’s never been attempted. My dad warned me not to try it as our clan did not have the ability grow beards. Two months in and it’s still looking rough but I’m starting to be able to see the hair. It’s both patchy and I have bald spots, it’s pretty bad. It is the longest I’ve ever let it go though so to make it through the ridicule almost make me admire the terrible attempt at a beard more. And before you attempt any jokes just know that I have heard them all since I work with a lot of marine and navy veterans.

Alsothe Mrs was really hating it at first. Now she’s almost to the stage of acceptance. She said the other day that she has almost gotten use to it.

I have also had two coworkers say that it looked like it was trying fill in. Which is the nicest thing anyone has ever said regarding my facial hair.

last name is Reeves… looks like I’m not the only one that struggles with the beard 1646343409186.jpeg
Even with the patchy beard Keanu still goes hard!

As I digress, knowing that I will never have a decent beard, I’m comforted knowing that you will all go balled before me.

Beard ramblings…
I got a bet going now with a coworker to make it to June without shaving. I have a baby face and bad facial hair genes so it’s never been attempted. My dad warned me not to try it as our clan did not have the ability grow beards. Two months in and it’s still looking rough but I’m starting to be able to see the hair. It’s both patchy and I have bald spots, it’s pretty bad. It is the longest I’ve ever let it go though so to make it through the ridicule almost make me admire the terrible attempt at a beard more. And before you attempt any jokes just know that I have heard them all since I work with a lot of marine and navy veterans.

Alsothe Mrs was really hating it at first. Now she’s almost to the stage of acceptance. She said the other day that she has almost gotten use to it.

I have also had two coworkers say that it looked like it was trying fill in. Which is the nicest thing anyone has ever said regarding my facial hair.

last name is Reeves… looks like I’m not the only one that struggles with the beard View attachment 62653
Even with the patchy beard Keanu still goes hard!

As I digress, knowing that I will never have a decent beard, I’m comforted knowing that you will all go balled before me.
Go bald? I'm like a $2 hooker, been bald for a long time.

5a746397e2143583f5016897b45c8f24.jpg

Definitely camoflauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There’s a facial hair policy at my work for anyone that might need to ever wear a respirator, so no beard for me.
Doesn’t seem to matter that the only times I’ve ever had to wear my respirator were all for the annual fit tests. Management still like writing folks up for being unshaven.
The policy is about the same as for interior firefighters, so I can have a mustache. No thanks.

I usually grow one out for winter. But as the weather is warming, it's about time for it to go. But do any of you consider it camouflage??
I think mine helps hiding my white skin which im sure reflects some light.
plus my ugly mug can always use some sort of masking lmao

'stache and goatee year round, stop shaving altogether about a week before the rut, trim the neck up a bit so i don't look too bad at work but don't shave again until rifle season hits and the bow hunting goes to pot

'stache and goatee year round, stop shaving altogether about a week before the rut, trim the neck up a bit so i don't look too bad at work but don't shave again until rifle season hits and the bow hunting goes to pot
Now the 'stache is an entirely different matter. That thing has been on my face since 1983/1984. I can hide small candy bars in there. :tearsofjoy:

Back