• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Best dump pouches?

avgjoe

Just got a new (to me) TX5 Lonestar, and I need some new dump pouches. Been using the same ones that came on my OG Trophyline Ambush from the 90's, and it's time for an upgrade. Leaning toward a couple of TX5 pouches because they would match my saddle (OCD) and they're made in 'murica. But.... a couple of the Tethrd sys haulers with the exterior/interior pockets look like they would be pretty handy as well.
For reference, I normally carry lineman, tether, paracord gear hanger, pull-up/pull-down rope w/ nite ize carabiners, headlamp, and sometimes bolts with a hand drill on my saddle now.
Anybody have a favorite dump pouch, and what do you like about it?

Depends if you want a dump or a roll. @beaston for roll pouches, my goto for dump pouches is Custom Gear Modifications. They’ve got one for everybody.

I'm interested in everyone's thoughts too. I'm considering getting that vest from CGM, I'll definitely need some pouches. I hear the EWO pouches are pretty nice... drawcord top I think, I think I like that but haven't tried them yet.

The Dryad pouches are alright size for me, but sounds like you're carrying more. They are smaller. FWIW the zippers aren't my favorite but I can't put my finger on it

Last edited:
I'm interested in everyone's thoughts too. I'm considering getting that vest from CGM, I'll definitely need some pouches. I hear the EWO pouches are pretty nice... drawcord top I think, I think I like that but haven't tried them yet.

The Dryad pouches are alright size for me, but sounds like you're carrying more. They are smaller. FWIW the zippers aren't my favorite but I can't put my finger on it
EWO pouches are nice but what I like about CGM is Jerry and Co will mod any pouch any way you like. Want it longer? No problem. Want it wider? Sure, why not. Want extra mounting provisions? Can do. A partition in the middle? You betcha. Custom fabric? Let give it a go!

I use a Wood Hunting Saddles pouch for managing my linesman’s belt and tether, it’s about the right size for those ropes. I have a tethrd pouch on my other hip - with all of its little divided internal and external pockets it’s great for organizing all of my other small pieces of climbing gear for easy access. While all my stuff could fit in one pouch I find that 2 pouches helps to keep everything easy and quick to locate.

The legend saddle dump pouches are pretty nice.

Have you happened to try that one stick rope pouch? I think I might need that

I did. Make sure you have a saddle with an attachment point at the top(molle) and the bottom like a molle or gear loop or it’s super floppy.

EWO pouches are nice but what I like about CGM is Jerry and Co will mod any pouch any way you like. Want it longer? No problem. Want it wider? Sure, why not. Want extra mounting provisions? Can do. A partition in the middle? You betcha. Custom fabric? Let give it a go!

Structured pouches seem like the way to go for many applications, imo.

I thought the structured Timber Ninja saddle bags looked promising, but it’s $30 minimum to ship anything from them, so I‘m not trying them.

Custom Gear Modifications has their “Stiffy” semi-rigid pouches. They are a bit more $$ than other options, but like you said, totally customizable. Plus, they are Veteran Owned and Operated.

I was looking at the new timber ninja pouches. But at $49 each I might try to make them myself.

Back