• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

better than an ebike?

colin.704

so I got 2 ebikes, 1 for hunting (urban mostly) and 1 for fun/ walking the dog. LOVE them. problem is with a backpack/bow/saddle gear/quartered deer/ it raises your center of gravity and you are a little wobbly loaded up. plus loading/storing bikes/ and certain situations using them are issues. this thing or ones like it are discreet but with range, power and portability. I've become a fan of electric hunting solutions, especially when it's hot and don't want to sweat/ drop scent everywhere.

Last edited:
That small tire and wheel combination would not be my choice for off road. They work fine in town but wouldn't be my choice in the rough.

they got 1 $399 at Walmart that would work. I didn't even look at price on this one, just pulled up off road capable to see what they would do. I figure 1 that would have a 20mi range would be good for a 4-5 mi trail range with a load maybe. I was drinking a little and probably could of found a better example to post last night. Might of been some drinking involved haha

That small tire and wheel combination would not be my choice for off road. They work fine in town but wouldn't be my choice in the rough.
yeah I get that. I live in the city/ suburbs and got probably 200 deer within a mile radius with small patches of land that we hunt but that are hard to park at. Looking at it more for urban hunting

That particular small wheeled scooter would NOT be my first choice for transportation, while hunting. Taking a spill on that setup, while packing hunting gear could end the hunt. Not to mention, the lack of ability to transport/drag a deer out of the woods. :rolleyes:
Otherwise, it looks like a fun off-road machine, but certainly not a hunting type helpful machine.

Couldn't pay me enough to get on a scooter. Once the battery is dead you're SOL. Least an ebike you can get yourself back. And Im not sure how stable youd be once you hit some mud or big rocks

My buddy uses one of these for fishing. Stashes it in the brush at his takeout and then rides back to his vehicle at the start of the float

Private property you can’t beat an electric golf cart
Just upgraded my batteries to a single 105ah lithium ion. Lost a lot of weight getting rid of the 6 8v lead acid and thus it accelerates much faster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Private property you can’t beat an electric golf cart
Just upgraded my batteries to a single 105ah lithium ion. Lost a lot of weight getting rid of the 6 8v lead acid and thus it accelerates much faster

Private, why not just use an atv or utv/side by side?
Noise factor?

Yes. Deadly silent and no smell of gas or exhaust.
I have found no issues with using my sxs on the club I’m in versus guy that walk or golf cart. But I also use it year round there to fix stands feeders food plots and such. I think the problem most people encounter is they ramp up activity during hunting season and the game are not accustomed to it.

I have found no issues with using my sxs on the club I’m in versus guy that walk or golf cart. But I also use it year round there to fix stands feeders food plots and such. I think the problem most people encounter is they ramp up activity during hunting season and the game are not accustomed to it.

Definitely makes a difference if there is daily year round activities.

Anyone remember those scooters that had the big mag wheels? Those things were soo much fun. I always wondered why they didn’t make them anymore. Someone needs to make an electric one. That would be a money maker.

76a4d088c5fb4c91c6a16f29636261db.jpg

Pulled him out, about 2 miles back to the truck.

Back