• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Carter Like Mike 2

BRAY2KAY

Wondering if anyone has tried it. I have a try fire hardcore that I’ve used since they came out years ago. Looking for something new. If not the like mike what others would you suggest as far as wrist releases?

I have the original like mike. It’s as close to the feel of a hand held that you can get in a wrist strap. I love mine, I’d definitely recommend trying it

Carter Like Mike, Like Mike 2 and the Carter Lucky are the best trigger releases you'll ever use. No creep, no travel, just pure, crisp, clean break. None of that roller sear crap. These are multi-sear releases that don't change in trigger pressure when you change draw weight or holding pressure. Set that trigger heavy, zero travel, white knuckle that trigger without fear of it going off, and pull it right back for a clean release. Doesn't get much better.

Been using the original Like Mike for probably eight years or so. I'd buy another if I lost it. It's awesome.

Thanks guys! Really like the nylon strap instead of the adjustable rod. Looks like it would be really hard to torque your bow with it.

I swore off rocket launcher releases several years ago and had only been shooting thumbs/hinges.

Until last year. I bought a Like Mike 2 to see if I could shoot one without trying to break the trigger off again. Sometimes I can, most of the time I punch the **** out of it. But man it’s got a nice trigger/sear on it. It’s probably about the best index release you can shoot, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Like Mike 2 is phenomenal. Have had it for a year or so now and have killed deer with it. I am very attuned to trigger travel after years of precision rifle shooting, and I cannot discern any trigger travel in the Like Mike 2. I have the Quickie Plus as well and while it is a good release, the trigger is not in the same league as the Like Mike. One thing though, the wrist strap on the Like Mike 2 isn't my favorite (it squeaks and creaks while drawing) so I swapped it out for the wrist strap from the Quickie Plus.

B3 Hawk Flex is a bombproof release for half the cost of the Like Mike

Can't go wrong with either though

Back