• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Catalyst Ion one stick

Ben C

Has anyone seen much on the new one stick from catalyst? Aerial assault has a video on his YouTube but that's it. Tough choice between this and the new ultimate one stick with the ultimate platform from EWO.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen much on the new one stick from catalyst? Ariel assault has a video on his YouTube but that's it. Tough choice between this and the new ultimate one stick with the ultimate platform from EWO.
Considering it was just introduced/ released you won't receive much feedback on it. The EWO platform has yet to be released, so it'll be the same there.

A thread on it here:

And it's also in the new gear thread (starting at #345):

But it's just guys excited about it and when it went on sale. @Zacrowsl from aerial assault is in that thread, but I believe he's the only one hands-on at this point.

Has anyone seen much on the new one stick from catalyst? Ariel assault has a video on his YouTube but that's it. Tough choice between this and the new ultimate one stick with the ultimate platform from EWO.

Don't forget the Wingman. Also not released.

Man, some good options for the one stick crowd. How can ya not love solid billet though.

Looks like a first peek at the production model.

fa0465d8c90cfcef5dcf30ca6fcbbc49.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EWO platform is live.

Looks good but also looks like it will cost more than the Catalyst offering.

I agree - that’s the icing on the cake for me.

I see a notch on the ION and EWO UP. (Probably less abrasive contact on the ION, but we won't know till folks get them in hand).

Last edited:
Upgraded ewo this morning and I ordered 2/6 so I’m in the 4-6 week window. So maybe I will have it soon to see!

I have an Eastern Woods Outdoors Ultimate One-Stick that I used this past season and I love it. However, I often bring family members along and I often loan it to them and am stuck using my older gear. So I am wanting to buy a second new one-stick platform. I don't want to by the exact thing I already have even though it is great, because I want to learn what else is great. This Catalyst Ion one stick looks pretty good, but I don't see any site/source where you could buy it from?

There is one in the classifieds right now. $475

Back