• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Collaborating for Leg Loops

always89y

Vendor Rep
SH Member
Been conversing and collaborating with @Red Beard on a set of removable leg loops to throw on for rappeling and maybe SRT/DRT. Heres what we came up with. The loops are adjustable and passed the fat guy standing and jumping in them test.
d58e1f7f6f36488e7b8f253ef432f76d.jpg
34dc221efd7f1a5bed1000352a507d4e.jpg
0998be1271c540aad25054ad977dd7bf.jpg
ce8cadf300d66fad9398c6ef58358d23.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Now that’s interesting...[mention]Red Beard [/mention] seems my questions were timely! Looks awesome.

This is a cheaper option. Still too much for me for what it is though.

I have a set of the misty mountains. Keep thinking I’ll use with the hybrid for one sticking and rappel. Will probably just end up selling. Great idea fellas

I have a set of the misty mountains. Keep thinking I’ll use with the hybrid for one sticking and rappel. Will probably just end up selling. Great idea fellas
Put me #1 on your list if you choose to get rid of them. ;)

And I’m happy to donate the misty mountains to you fellas if you wanna copy them and send back.

I think you’ll want some sort of adjustment, to keep them on your legs when there’s slack, and because if they’re not sized properly, you’ll be crushing the boys, or fall wrong.

also, how do you get them on? If you’re leaving them on permanently, just get an aero hunter evo.

the mistys have ability to take on and off. And adjust.

I have several rock climbing harnesses which seem to mimic these setups almost exactly. :D

I have several rock climbing harnesses which seem to mimic these setups almost exactly. :D
Yep! The only difference with this one is, the leg loops are detachable and can be put in your pocket. Im still not sold on the use of it as I have plenty of rear to keep me in the saddle when rappelling or climbing. But for the non-callipygian, I can see the advantage.

I think you’ll want some sort of adjustment, to keep them on your legs when there’s slack, and because if they’re not sized properly, you’ll be crushing the boys, or fall wrong.

also, how do you get them on? If you’re leaving them on permanently, just get an aero hunter evo.

the mistys have ability to take on and off. And adjust.
Yeah that may be uncomfortable. Still thinking through this. The Misty Ultralight Urban Sit Kit still looks amazing though.

I guess the use case would be something like... You'd use the belt as your regular pants belt and stuff the leg loops in a cargo pocket. We're always talking about don't climb a tree unless "the sign is hot". Something like this would certainly keep weight down if you were just walking around. Then @always89y could fashion up an uber-small fleece or mesh bag that doubled as a saddle (think packable hammock). Leg loops go into the packable saddle hammock, and that package goes into a pocket.

Funny thing is, my primary and backup saddles ARE Evos! :tearsofjoy:

Back