• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Cruzr Escape Pack

Zero One Actual

SH Member
Just got mine in today and as promised here are some photos.

Overall, it is very well done. It does ride high, but I saw a video where Chad mentions he did that intentionally for those wearing their saddles in or for keeping your sticks on the bottom of the pack with the two gear straps.
I included some photos showing the detachable pocket (which I plan on running around the tree as my gear hanger also. It will require an extension of .75 strap and a male and female buckle but that’s the plan). It holds water bottles of various sizes on the sides. A large Nalgene may be tight. The pockets are well thought out and I appreciate the fact he put three straps per side for vertical stick carry. Water bladder pocket is huge and will fit a 100oz or smaller. It has a removable aluminum spine down the middle if you want it or not and the bottom is more rigid than the rest of the pack so it would likely stand up flat on its own on the ground if balanced properly. The removable pouch has excellent pocket assortments and the two larger pockets will easily fit a full size phone in a case. It zips on and off and also has two small rare earth magnets to keep the zipper covered up. I’m excited to try this one out this season for short day hunts and it will do everything I need it to. The platform in my photos is a Cruzr Seeker for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.jpeg
    IMG_2618.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 245
  • IMG_2619.jpeg
    IMG_2619.jpeg
    977.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_2621.jpeg
    IMG_2621.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 228
  • IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 220
  • IMG_2624.jpeg
    IMG_2624.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 213
  • IMG_2625.jpeg
    IMG_2625.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 221
I researched and researched for months. I got all my equipment this past Jan,Feb,March and when I saw this I waited and just got it in the mail yesterday. I loaded it up with my seeker platform and 4 skelator sticks and carries excellent.

Looks like it has all the right storage if you do not need to pack bulky winter layers. Do the straps on the bottom have clips so you could release your stick/sticks with out taking the pack off at the tree or are they just cinch straps? I may have to pick one up next year for a light weight early season pack. My budget is blown this year.

Just got mine in today and as promised here are some photos.

Overall, it is very well done. It does ride high, but I saw a video where Chad mentions he did that intentionally for those wearing their saddles in or for keeping your sticks on the bottom of the pack with the two gear straps.
I included some photos showing the detachable pocket (which I plan on running around the tree as my gear hanger also. It will require an extension of .75 strap and a male and female buckle but that’s the plan). It holds water bottles of various sizes on the sides. A large Nalgene may be tight. The pockets are well thought out and I appreciate the fact he put three straps per side for vertical stick carry. Water bladder pocket is huge and will fit a 100oz or smaller. It has a removable aluminum spine down the middle if you want it or not and the bottom is more rigid than the rest of the pack so it would likely stand up flat on its own on the ground if balanced properly. The removable pouch has excellent pocket assortments and the two larger pockets will easily fit a full size phone in a case. It zips on and off and also has two small rare earth magnets to keep the zipper covered up. I’m excited to try this one out this season for short day hunts and it will do everything I need it to. The platform in my photos is a Cruzr Seeker for reference.

Nice, thanks for the write up!

The tendency is for folks to wear their packs too low usually. After doing some reading, I put the center strap of the waist belt across my belly button and it works really well.

For long travel, I'm sensitive to anything over 10 lbs on my back (starts to hurt lower back) IF the weight is on my shoulders much.

It sounds like it has a single aluminum stay as a frame (if so, great idea.....most people don't put a frame in small packs....and this tradition is carried forward even on small packs that will carry heavy things). Between the stay and the platform probably acting somewhat like a frame....does it transfer weight to your hips?

Looks like it has all the right storage if you do not need to pack bulky winter layers. Do the straps on the bottom have clips so you could release your stick/sticks with out taking the pack off at the tree or are they just cinch straps? I may have to pick one up next year for a light weight early season pack. My budget is blown this year.

So I want to introduce you to something new and execiting. Its call a reverse mortgage.

Nice, thanks for the write up!

The tendency is for folks to wear their packs too low usually. After doing some reading, I put the center strap of the waist belt across my belly button and it works really well.

For long travel, I'm sensitive to anything over 10 lbs on my back (starts to hurt lower back) IF the weight is on my shoulders much.

It sounds like it has a single aluminum stay as a frame (if so, great idea.....most people don't put a frame in small packs....and this tradition is carried forward even on small packs that will carry heavy things). Between the stay and the platform probably acting somewhat like a frame....does it transfer weight to your hips?
No. It is too small of a pack to transfer weight to my hips. However, I am 6’5 so it is extra high on my back. But still a nice pack overall.

. But still a nice pack overall.

Looks like it. Appears much more functional as a saddle pack than the FAS. I refuse to use the “V” word. Not having to buy extra items to easily attach sticks and platform is a win itself.

Looks like it. Appears much more functional as a saddle pack than the FAS. I refuse to use the “V” word. Not having to buy extra items to easily attach sticks and platform is a win itself.
I agree. The FAS is a backpack like a Kifaru or Eberlestock that we mod for saddle life. This one is designed around your platform. It is very nice for quick trips or one day trips and should hold everything you need.

Well here goes again .
It looks perfect for my seeker. AND SOMETHING ELSE TO BUY Plus I can fill it with everything I’m trying to unload.
Nice write up . Thanks

No. It is too small of a pack to transfer weight to my hips. However, I am 6’5 so it is extra high on my back. But still a nice pack overall.

dang

not an option then for a bulged disc mountaineer

Back