• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

cudde back

skydoc

I’ve read all the reviews and still can’t get a clear picture on the worth of the system. Anyone have any experience with the cudde link cameras? How is the battery life? Only reason im considering these over the others on the market is the single cell plan for multiple cameras. Any advice is welcome!

I’ve read all the reviews and still can’t get a clear picture on the worth of the system. Anyone have any experience with the cudde link cameras? How is the battery life? Only reason im considering these over the others on the market is the single cell plan for multiple cameras. Any advice is welcome!
I like mine, have 5 cameras total with one being a cell cam. They are great if you have a zone you want to cover. All mine are wihin several hundred yards of each other. I run mine with the external battery packs (6 D cell) and they have been out since May and I have replenished the externals in all 5 cams once in that time.

I like mine, have 5 cameras total with one being a cell cam. They are great if you have a zone you want to cover. All mine are wihin several hundred yards of each other. I run mine with the external battery packs (6 D cell) and they have been out since May and I have replenished the externals in all 5 cams once in that time.
I had read some folks saying 1-2 days before batteries died. I figured that to be exaggeration. Good to here that you’ve had such luck. Are your other cameras linked to the cellular?

Yes, I have 4 Cuddelink and 1 Cudde cell cam. They all transmit back to the cell cam and then the cell cam emails the pics to me. Mine are set to send hourly if there are any pics. I also get a status email every day that tells me battery power status for each, memory space left, signal strength back tot he home base cell cam and other info.

Good deal. I appreciate the info! Same setup i was looking at. Now just have to figure out which cell provider has the best service in my area. It can be spotty in SE KY.

The only thing I will say is be realistic on where you plan to place them. You most likely can only get 200-300 yds from the cell cam with your link cams. Supposedly a link cam can act as a repeater to link another farther cam back to the cell cam, but it is not recommended by Cudde. There is a huge thread on another forum I will link below. A fellow in there by the name of John Volkman seems to be the authority and works for Cudde.

Huge Cudde thread

is 200-300 yards in thick forested hilly ground or flat bare ground?

The link cams have a signal strength meter in one of the menus. They say the thing to do is turn on a link cam when you are near the base cell cam and proceed to your next spot and monitor that signal strength as you go. Its a scale up to 99 being great down to 0. They say to not let it go below 20 for best results. My particular cam that is several hundred yards away and actually in a creek bottom still has about a 50-60 signal depending on the weather and foliage.

Older thread, but I'm looking at the monthly cost of running my tacticams. I have 3 farms I hunt and have 3 cams out, 1 on each farm. I'm paying monthly $13, $12, and $12 for unlimited. Thats over $400 a year.

This system i've honestly never looked at, but seems like for $10 a month for one cell cam and can run multiple off that cam with the cudde link's.

How's everyone's experience been with these? I know they've been around a long time.

Older thread, but I'm looking at the monthly cost of running my tacticams. I have 3 farms I hunt and have 3 cams out, 1 on each farm. I'm paying monthly $13, $12, and $12 for unlimited. Thats over $400 a year.

This system i've honestly never looked at, but seems like for $10 a month for one cell cam and can run multiple off that cam with the cudde link's.

How's everyone's experience been with these? I know they've been around a long time.
I run both tacticam and cuddebacks. I will tell you the pic quality on the tacticams looks much better. I only pay $5 a month for my Tacticams, that gives me 250 pics per month per cam and from what I have been told it’s really a bucket of pics and not specific to each cam. So with 5 cams I pay $25 a month and that should give me 1250 pics a month total regardless of what cam took them.

As for the Cuddeback system, you run one cell cam and the others have to be in the general area of that cell cam to be able to send their pics to the home cam. In my experience that distance is approximately 250 to 300 yards but can vary depending on your terrain. As you place each camera you can see it’s signal strength to the home cam. It’s on a scale of 0-100. If you get down to about 20 on the scale you have gone about as far as you can go.

I have been contemplating selling my Cuddeback cams, but I keep them in the woods year round and just haven’t pulled them to list them. I would like to consolidate all my cams to one brand.

I may just look at paying yearly, instead of monthly (444 vs 360) and just suspend the cameras if I take them out of the woods. I would like to find some reveals on sale!

Ive had my reveal out for 2 months now & am averaging 35-65 pics a day. Would love to drop down to the $5 plan but would miss hundreds of pics.

Good point. Im still trying to figure out how to adjust/or if theres settings to adjust its settings. Just cant figure it out. I almost pulled the trigger on another reveal gen 2.0, but I'm glad a breakdown recurve caught my eye today. Time for another sidejob Lol.

Back