• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Daisy chain as gear hanger

DelaWhere_Arrow

SH Member
Looking for some ideas for public-land-legal gear hangers, and of course I’ve seen the daisy chain webbing on doublesteps, which is not even backorderable even though the pop-up says they’re in stock. I’ve also seen the versa-straps and @g2outdoors diy webbing hanger.
So...
Found these on Amazon. Anyone use them/similar for gear hanger?

Geelife Daisy Chain Rope 2 pcs Looped Strong Straps 23 kN Climbing Nylon Daisy Chains Lanyard 53 Inches (Orange) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V32TZB8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_KpKrDbAGVPJ0P

Those and others such as amsteel daisy chains have been used as gear hangers for quite a while

Can get a couple klipter type hooks to hang bow, pack, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good stuff. Did run into an older thread where a guy bought a few similar ones, and I watched a rock climber use it as a single-step aider as well, so I may have other uses besides just a gear hanger.

Tethrd is launching a HYS strap that should fit the bill of Public land gear hanger. I'm thinking sometime in August it will be revealed along with the versa straps.

Carl made me one (gear strap) back in Jan when I had bought versa straps & versa lites

It’s pretty sweet

Tight across back where it contacts tree with bigger/looser loops to the outside so can girth hitch or hang stuff from loops easily

I’m just awaiting news on Tethrd’s site now. I kinda dig that flat-out/flush aspect of the hunter-made DC straps

The only thing was the gear hanger takes Carl almost twice the time to make because it’s harder to create
compared to versa lite

The Tethrd strap is gonna fit the bill.

but....you could make one for almost nothing...just saying. Grab a webbing strap from the garage, sew some loops. Boom. Done. It's pretty much idiot proof.

Can make a daisy chained amsteel one as well. Works pretty good and packs down to nothing. Need to use a heroclip/qlipter though.
Just got my heroclip in the mail.
I love it. I’m gunna get like 25 of them for all kinds of home/diy stuff.

Well I caved because I didn’t have the sewing machine in working order and the sale on a 2-pk plus Prime 24-hr shipping was just too hard to pass up. Got a HeroClip with it for my bow, and a few of my normal mini-biners are slung all around for quiver, calls, and rangefinder, and a heavier carabiner opposite the HeroClip for fanny pack so I can balance the weight. It’s also blaze orange and reflective, which my clumsy a$$ needs late season when it’s always dark and I’m wearing gloves trying to fish stuff out of my pack.
Tried to upload pic, said image was too large.
As it sits with one of these DC, I could easily get around a tree that I would normally hunt. On a bigger trunk, I could use two, but I’ll still probably grab some versa-straps because I do like the low profile and longer length.

Last edited:
There we go. Stoked for 9/1 to see how I like it in the tree:477D7E43-82F5-4E74-99E2-EB5CE2CA06FC.jpeg3E45A48D-E890-46CA-89F0-38469867C949.jpegDE03AE82-AEFB-4FE1-96FC-3AA294840F11.jpegFlippy-floppies are a size 10.5 for an idea of how small I will be able to pack it.

Last edited:
Back