• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Day 1 of DIY Bow Shop Build

Nice!! Once I get the rest of our new house ready there is an attic space/man cave that will be getting set up with a home bow shop. I really like the carpet top. I had though of a rubber one but carpet might be nicer.

I just got cheap $0.39/foot outdoor carpet, used some spray adhesive and stapled it. Turned out better than I thought it would. I put the bench top at 40 inches...if I had to go back and do it again I’d do everything the same but I’d put the bench top at 36 inches.

Good stuff man. My press should be here today. I have plans to mount everything to my current work bench but will be temporary. I will be building a dedicated bench on casters.

Good stuff man. My press should be here today. I have plans to mount everything to my current work bench but will be temporary. I will be building a dedicated bench on casters.
That’ll be nice. Let me know how it turns out!

Very nice!! Watch your going fill it up with pretty quick with more tools and toys..LOL

Looks great! I need to put up some of that peg board behind mine so I can actually use the top of it lol

how you like the 4 fletch on those arrows?

Started mine last weekend. Thought I'd clean out the storeroom in the basement one afternoon and use an old work bench in there. 2 and a half days later finally had the store room cleaned out. Most of it was my wife's stuff, enough said......
I hadn't even thought of outdoor carpet on the bench, that is a nice idea. I may steal that one. Yours looks much nicer than mine. Good job.

how you like the 4 fletch on those arrows?
Well, I don’t notice much of a difference with the field points honestly...my hope is that they stabilize the Iron Will Wide 125’s a little better than the 3-fletch...I haven’t bought the broadheads yet to test, so I can’t give anything definitive yet...Tim Gillingham swears by 4 fletch and he’s done extensive testing and knows way more about it than I’ll ever know. Brian over at Day Six Arrows also suggested a 4 fletch. He sells 3-fletch just because he said that’s what most people want, but he says if you bare shaft tune and fletch your own, he would absolutely suggest a 4-fletch...the fact that those 2 guys said to run 4-fletch, I’m taking their advice.

Started mine last weekend. Thought I'd clean out the storeroom in the basement one afternoon and use an old work bench in there. 2 and a half days later finally had the store room cleaned out. Most of it was my wife's stuff, enough said......
I hadn't even thought of outdoor carpet on the bench, that is a nice idea. I may steal that one. Yours looks much nicer than mine. Good job.
Thank ya. I was able to buy cheap 3/4 OSB and cover it with cheap carpet to make it look good. Eliminated me having to buy ridiculously overpriced AC plywood.

Well, I don’t notice much of a difference with the field points honestly...my hope is that they stabilize the Iron Will Wide 125’s a little better than the 3-fletch...I haven’t bought the broadheads yet to test, so I can’t give anything definitive yet...Tim Gillingham swears by 4 fletch and he’s done extensive testing and knows way more about it than I’ll ever know. Brian over at Day Six Arrows also suggested a 4 fletch. He sells 3-fletch just because he said that’s what most people want, but he says if you bare shaft tune and fletch your own, he would absolutely suggest a 4-fletch...the fact that those 2 guys said to run 4-fletch, I’m taking their advice.
I'll set up a couple n see how I like em. Never shot one before.

Back