• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Do you guys prefer the predator or the Klemz design?

cwalker5585

I’m going to build a platform from scratch, and wondering what you guys prefer, the predator with teeth built into platform and locks in place or do you prefer a standoff at top and bottom and platform in the middle? I can build it either way just want to do it right the first time, thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok ty, have a piece of .5x18x18 aluminum and wasn’t sure what way locked to the tree better

Going to mill it into a platform with the teeth built in

The mechanical aspect of a Klemz & Predator is the same. The predator bite was modeled after klemz, bigger footprint though. But as far as small orig. lw or xop seat on post w/ standoffs. I was never a huge fan, it never felt as solid as my klemz. The predator was a big upgrade b/c of platform size for me ( klemz is not the way for sz 15s)

The mechanical aspect of a Klemz & Predator is the same. The predator bite was modeled after klemz, bigger footprint though. But as far as small orig. lw or xop seat on post w/ standoffs. I was never a huge fan, it never felt as solid as my klemz. The predator was a big upgrade b/c of platform size for me ( klemz is not the way for sz 15s)

Ok must have it mixed up, was thinking the klemz was the same as the wheelchair platform

While this is being talked about, I’m curious what the klemz guys are using for standoff’s and posts these days.

I was using the post that Ernie sold with it I believe, but I couldn’t find a proper stand off for it. The lone wolf one that came with it was found to be too flimsy, so I’m curious what everyone switched to.

I put it on one of dans posts and used his standoff and it’s rock solid but changed the pitch of the platform a bit.

I would honestly love to find a stand-off that fit the original post, which is rectangular not square.

Predator design. I actually may try a few others this year, or buy the Predator2. But the strength and safety is there with the Predator. It was my go too last year

The predator is the only platform I have ever liked. I am a steps guy normally

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

predator,i still have two klemz and i am trying to find a way to support the lonewolf seat (and prevent the flex) or fatigue caused by the camover. I didn't find the 9 inch size post to really support a versa button style of attachment. If you guys have any ideas on how to fix these issues..i am ready to be educated.

I use or have used them all (Klemz, Predator, DIY, etc.) I prefer the predator hands down. Right size, solid, light weight, compacts nicely, etc.... it does everything I need a saddle platform to do.

The Klemz and Predator are synonymous. Predator is essentially just a production Klemz. It is a far superior design for packability. There were a few different Klemz designs using varying platform sizes, most harvested from existed treestands or an old legacy LW seat. The Predator added leveling which very few of the DIY iterations had. It also nested the attachment button so you didn't have a wonky folding action, another issue with many of the DIY designs. Otherwise differences are fairly insignificant.

The other platform design family you are thinking of is typically called the XOP seat platform. That cams over a post that has a top and bottom bracket. It is an obsolete solution at this point. It is much bulkier.

While this is being talked about, I’m curious what the klemz guys are using for standoff’s and posts these days.

I was using the post that Ernie sold with it I believe, but I couldn’t find a proper stand off for it. The lone wolf one that came with it was found to be too flimsy, so I’m curious what everyone switched to.

I put it on one of dans posts and used his standoff and it’s rock solid but changed the pitch of the platform a bit.

I would honestly love to find a stand-off that fit the original post, which is rectangular not square.

After snapping a couple lonewolf’s I moved onto the xop deal. It is not going to break.

I love my klemz and since doing the bolt mod instead of versabutton it is more packable than a predator at a cost of less realistate.

After snapping a couple lonewolf’s I moved onto the xop deal. It is not going to break.

I love my klemz and since doing the bolt mod instead of versabutton it is more packable than a predator at a cost of less realistate.

So does your xop standoff fit the rectangular post? I really love my klemz too, maybe you could post a pic of your mods to help me out?

I still have the versabutton, so you say a bolt mod would be better?

Thanks for the help

Back