• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Double “versa” aider

Bowtie747

SH Member
Hey guys, just seeking some opinions here.
Last season I used a combo of cable aiders and a versa button aider from Backwoods mobile gear. I loved it. Could get 17-20ish feet with three sticks. Only mod I did was I don’t go to the versa button. I go to the step on the stick.

Anyone see any concern with using two versa aiders and continuing to go to the steps? Ditching the cable aiders Something like a Snaider/swaider? I just think it would save some backup time. If you think it’s stupid feel free to say so.

Backwoods mobile gear sells doubles for use on Shikars hooked to the step knob.
I did what you are asking about about 3 years ago. Only issue is to use some bungee cord to keep the straps close to your legs.
I get the idea from Paul, see post 192.

Did you give this a try?
I am thinking of going back to this because it will work with single step sticks.

Did you give this a try?
I am thinking of going back to this because it will work with single step sticks.
No sir, I haven’t. Glad you messaged me. I got the second aider the other day and haven’t given it a shot yet. I might today actually! I like the idea of cleaning up my stick with no cable aiders. Plus if u only need one aider it’s easy. Seems versatile to be

Did you give this a try?
So first climb I’ll be honest and say I’m not sure how I feel. Does feel more wabbly than my cable aiders. Not sure if I didn’t just have the right length on the aiders. Needs more time and practice

I have been trying everything I know. Having issues with steps on a Walnut tree, very ruff bark. I am going back to sticks. At 70 this hunting season I have to keep it easy.
For me the longer the aider the less stable it is. Your aiders should be 2x your step distance.
What sticks are you running?

I have been trying everything I know. Having issues with steps on a Walnut tree, very ruff bark. I am going back to sticks. At 70 this hunting season I have to keep it easy.
For me the longer the aider the less stable it is. Your aiders should be 2x your step distance.
What sticks are you running?
LWCG 17” sticks! I love the sticks. Zero problems with them. Just not sure I like the double versa aider. Versa aider and cable aider is a yes. Still more testing on the other

LWCG 17” sticks! I love the sticks. Zero problems with them. Just not sure I like the double versa aider. Versa aider and cable aider is a yes. Still more testing on the other
I have used the cable aider + versa aider and liked it - it works! I have also briefly tried using two versa aiders in the back yard and couldn’t draw a definitive conclusion. More time needed. Interested to hear more from that have put in more time with this method.

Back