• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

ESS saddle

Anyone using this saddle and how do you like it?

I used one on and off for a little bit last season.
The 2 panel design was comfortable when you’re in the tree; however, I didn’t care for the 2 panel design when doing anything else. Walking, climbing, etc.. Personal preference, but I liked the simplicity of a single panel saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search Eberhart Signature Saddle there is alot of past discussion.
( I have not used, but have used both Recon and Method- other 2 panels. I like these)

I love the two panel saddles. I sewed up a wraptor when the thread first came out in here. It’s just a two panel saddle. I loved it but was a little to nervous to trust my own stitching/sewing at 20 feet. So I bought a tethrd mantis. It’s was alright but I still liked the wraptor better. Then they released the ESS and I bought it immediately on release day. I made some mods to it but outside of those I love it. I’ve climbed with 3 sticks and aiders, 1 sticked, and even SRT’d with it. No issues. The miss I made was I cut off the webbing bridge and made my own adjustable amsteel bridge, I don’t use the leg straps, and I made my own kydex clips that were a little bigger then the ones that come with it. I SRT’d this past January into a preset during muzzleloader season in Ohio and killed a doe.

I’m not stuck on Tethrd but I do like there company. You can’t go wrong with the recon or method either.

Anyone using this saddle and how do you like it?
I have the Treehopper Recon.
You should like a two panel saddle.
The Treehopper is $159.95 with a money back guarantee if you do not like it.
Made in the USA, better quality stitching and is offered with two bridge options, webbing or make you own rope bridge. I have the webbing and like it. Also has removable leg straps. I think Mark has made some changes to the waist belt on the webbing bridge model, you may want to contact him and confirm and get some pics.
The ESS is made in China, no guarantee if you do not like it. Sells for $189.99.
Saddle Hunting has a video comparing the two, this may help you decide.

I used one on and off for a little bit last season.
The 2 panel design was comfortable when you’re in the tree; however, I didn’t care for the 2 panel design when doing anything else. Walking, climbing, etc.. Personal preference, but I liked the simplicity of a single panel saddle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is basically it. 2 panels are the most comfortable design. But at everything else it does not match a single panel. So its up to you what your thinking is when it comes to what is important. I have the Recon which is basically the same as ESS except for D-ring design. But the Recon stitching is the best.

Con:
-It suck to walk in
-it suck to put on
-it suck if you have ANY pouches on it

Pro:
-It is the most comfortable to sit in or lean in while hunting
-It is comfortable to climb in

So you have to ask yourself which matter to you most if you want to go with a 2 panels. I feel that the 95% that I will be using it for matter, so I removed all the cons simply by not wearing it in, accept that I will need an extra 1-2 mins to put it on at base of tree, and carry a pack instead of pouches.

One panel are simpler. If you care about wearing it in, having pouches, being comfortable 'enough'. Add a back band, then you can find a good single panel that would work for you. Majority of the communities are single panel I believe.

This is basically it. 2 panels are the most comfortable design. But at everything else it does not match a single panel. So its up to you what your thinking is when it comes to what is important. I have the Recon which is basically the same as ESS except for D-ring design. But the Recon stitching is the best.

Con:
-It suck to walk in
-it suck to put on
-it suck if you have ANY pouches on it

Pro:
-It is the most comfortable to sit in or lean in while hunting
-It is comfortable to climb in

So you have to ask yourself which matter to you most if you want to go with a 2 panels. I feel that the 95% that I will be using it for matter, so I removed all the cons simply by not wearing it in, accept that I will need an extra 1-2 mins to put it on at base of tree, and carry a pack instead of pouches.

One panel are simpler. If you care about wearing it in, having pouches, being comfortable 'enough'. Add a back band, then you can find a good single panel that would work for you. Majority of the communities are single panel I believe.

I agree somewhat with your cons, I do not walk in with the saddle, I do not use pouches.
As far as putting on,
I did a mod on my waist belt.
Running a 36" bridge, slip the saddle over my head, makes it easier to put on.

Attachments

• 20210519_140817-1.jpg
    20210519_140817-1.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 38
I agree somewhat with your cons, I do not walk in with the saddle, I do not use pouches.
As far as putting on,
I did a mod on my waist belt.
Running a 36" bridge, slip the saddle over my head, makes it easier to put on.

I dont use the original belt setup with my Recon, plus I have the rope version. I find the belt slot design squeeze the straps together and does not let them slides smoothly, I like the way the Recon adjust to me as I move around. But that's just me. So it take a little while to get it organize and even out, taking it out of the pack, its a tangled mess. A lot of people dont like to fuss with their saddle, which I understand.

I just bought an ESS off Guidefitter, I'm excited since I'm moving from a DIY saddle setup. I'll post any thoughts I have once I get it.

Back