• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

First archery deer

Chimney7

Hey guys, I shot my first whitetail deer with a bow, and first whitetail out of a saddle last night. It was awesome, and something I'll never forget. I just want to say thanks to all of you that helped me out along the way. And just a general thank you to everyone for making this site such a great resource. I learned a lot about how to safely make my own saddle and not fall out of a tree in the process.
f08d65465c17ad3093d197ab0d4e2372.jpg
aa79c680cc3876203553a1e85b973897.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

oh man...if every deer got easier than a perfect heartshot id be shooting aspirin with a longbow by now :sunglasses:
I didn't say accuracy gets better...? I'm simply saying that it seems like after the first bow kill it starts to become second nature. Just like with a gun, I don't even notice I'm shooting when hunting a deer with a rifle, it just flows. And yes, I still maintain safety, it's a figure of speech.

Well it's to late to tell you to put down that bow and run away...picture Forrest Gump..."Run Forrest! Run!" The money I've spent since picking up my first bow 17 years ago...I could have bought a house or decked out truck. Not to mention the money I've spent on my latest addiction...saddle hunting.

Congrats on the deer..that was a perfect shot.

Also, I'm only kidding about putting the bow down...I love this addiction(s).

Well it's to late to tell you to put down that bow and run away...picture Forrest Gump..."Run Forrest! Run!" The money I've spent since picking up my first bow 17 years ago...I could have bought a house or decked out truck. Not to mention the money I've spent on my latest addiction...saddle hunting.

Congrats on the deer..that was a perfect shot.

Also, I'm only kidding about putting the bow down...I love this addiction(s).
I think I've literally bought something every day for the last month. And I haven't even bought my 2020 license yet! Come on October, get here soon!

I think I've literally bought something every day for the last month. And I haven't even bought my 2020 license yet! Come on October, get here soon!

Let's see...I just bought the predator XL...sold it and bought the mission platform. Bought a size 1 Flex for my son and found out that it fits me...I'm in between a size 1 and 2...I have the size 2 already from two years ago. Bought 1 shikar mini, one shikar scout platform to go onto my mini, one shikar 17" stick, one EWO ultralight stick, 45' of 8mm rope from EWO, two 3 step aiders from backwoods, and I still don't have my archery tags for Illinois. I will buy those OTC on Friday...oh and I bought a petzl grigri last night. Bought two moutrie cameras brand new that stopped working 1 day after putting them out. Took them back and bought 2 browning trail cams...if they stop working then I quit on cameras. Not to mention odds and ends..different knives, etc. I could go on...like I said...it's an obsession.

Back