• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LMRFish

Hello from FL...tired of making noise heading up the tree in my climber, this saddle thing has me intrigued. Also tired of carrying my climber when I have a mile and a half plus walk in. Have only seriously gotten into hunting in the last year and a half - this will be my first time hunting archery. Only have access to public land, so anything that will give me a leg up holds my interest.

I've seen some conflicting statements about difficulty of climbing. Does getting up there require a lot of strength? I have a good amount of strength in my legs, but not a whole lot as far as upper body. Any cons for a female?

Anyone in the Central FL area? I'm in Palm Bay - I'd love to meet someone and get some pointers/try it out before getting the whole set up if possible.

Thanks! :)

Welcome aboard, you are getting into saddle hunting at an extremely exciting time. There are now a handful of manufacturers of hunting saddles. Such as Tethrdnation, AERO HUNTER, ARC, and a new owner of Guido’s Web.

Welcome. there are a few from central fl on here. using lw sticks or muddy sticks does not require a lot of strength I use 4 lw sticks. Pulling up your gear gun, bow, backpack not much there either, just the weight of the gear. So the only difficulty would be if you use one stick and aiders or change up the climbing method to something else.

But like everyone says, practice, practice, practice.

Welcome from Arkansas. I don't think you will have a hard time, a lot less effort than a climber! IMHO

Thanks for the warm welcome! Hopefully someone from my neck of the woods will chime in.

I have a friend that said he'd give me his barely used Guidos - hopefully week after next I'll be able to give that a shot and see how it feels. I'm sure I will have a bunch of questions. I'd love to be able to get comfortable enough to hunt with one of these come September.

Welcome, I’m down in N Ft Myers and hunt public land only. I’ve got a couple sitdrags laying around you can use if so inclined. I’m in Israel but will be home on the 1st or 2nd. If you want me to send you one PM me your address. I use to sell clams in Palm Bay.
You can also use your Climber bottom as a climbing method and platform to practice with. No upper body strength needed only legs. To start with a Sitdrag I would recommend a rock climbing harness which I know very little about but many on here do.
YouTube climbing without sticks.
Holly cow just saw your avatar and you flyfish I live 20 miles from Boca Grande Pass and was a guide in Pine Island Sound flyfishing 20 years ago. Do you tie flies.
Check out ( Thread) First Impression of Climbing with LW Hand Climber.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Hello from FL...tired of making noise heading up the tree in my climber, this saddle thing has me intrigued. Also tired of carrying my climber when I have a mile and a half plus walk in. Have only seriously gotten into hunting in the last year and a half - this will be my first time hunting archery. Only have access to public land, so anything that will give me a leg up holds my interest.

I've seen some conflicting statements about difficulty of climbing. Does getting up there require a lot of strength? I have a good amount of strength in my legs, but not a whole lot as far as upper body. Any cons for a female?

Anyone in the Central FL area? I'm in Palm Bay - I'd love to meet someone and get some pointers/try it out before getting the whole set up if possible.

Thanks! :)
Welcome from Pittsburgh PA. I hurt my back and hips at work and if I can do it you can. I use lonewolf sticks with out any problems. Enjoy the site you will learn alot.

@LMRFish if Bongo is offering to help you out I would take him up on that offer. That is one good dude right there. If you can make it you should also considering making the trip to Maryland for SikaPalooza. Donnieballgame is putting this hunt together and there will be plenty of Saddle equipment and different climbing methods I'm sure. I went to saddlepalooza last year it is definitely an awesome experience to be around that many different saddle hunters and that much equipment. You can learn in one weekend what it will take months on this site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Good to see another Central FL
member.

I guess I need to add myself to the SH map.

I’m in Apopka. I hunt down ur way in Upper St Johns sometimes for deer, hogs & gators. Also hit up 3 Lks when I have nowhere else to go.

I’m not experienced like Bongo but once my mantis & Predators arrive I’ll have plenty of stuff to play with. Various stick types, lightweight LW stands, climbers, mantis saddle, couple Predator platforms, Ropeman 1s, amsteel that I need to learn to splice, webbing, & other stuff.

My schedule is pretty weird but could probably meet up some time.

Keep in touch if u’d be interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapeworm I have a brother and sister in law from apopka. His name is Jeff Chesak was a fireman / emt

Tapeworm I have a brother and sister in law from apopka. His name is Jeff Chesak was a fireman / emt

Small world

I’m a Lt with Apopka FD

If he hunts around here, I’ve probably seen him around.

Back