• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

For those that have a AH Kestrel Flex on order . . . . .

Tater

Which bridge option did you go with and why?

I went with the rope bridge option because from a confidence standpoint, i just feel like my brain tells me to trust the rope more with rope friction hitch more than webbing with a load rated tri glide.

Its just on the back of my mind, what if i got a tri glide that had a metallurgical defect and it happens to fail under load? I have no doubt that there is no way AH would put out something that they had much if any potential to fail. But thats the reason i picked rope bridge option.

Also why i am using a distel hitch and tender on my tether rather than a ropeman. Anyone have more insight to statistical probability of a rope/knot failing vs a mechanical device manufactured from metal?

Maybe this is all dumb . . . . We are all using carabiners lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I went with the fixed webbing bridge for mine. If I don't like it, can always go with amsteel. I think the odds of an issue are very low with the webbing and metal there, so I am comfortable with this option.

John H.

I went with he rope. It's my first saddle so the rope just felt right. I do have amsteel if needed though.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I went with webbing and 'biner. With your way of thinking you are already taking the same risk with your carabiners, are you going to double up on those?

Im holding off until i see what the used flex market does
I'll sell you mine as soon as it comes in for $350! Based on the orders, it will be one of the first batch shipped out. :)

You can charge towing fees at Saddlepalooza to pay for it too!

John H.

Sewn webbing... not really sure why. I did Eeny, meeny, miny, moe

I'll sell you mine as soon as it comes in for $350! Based on the orders, it will be one of the first batch shipped out. :)

You can charge towing fees at Saddlepalooza to pay for it too!

John H.

I’m thinking if people like them they won’t sell them. I can buy a new one but if they hit the classifieds, fire sale. I won’t need to try one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I chose the rope since I am still trying to tinker with bridge length and that seemed to be the easiest to change on the fly. Once I get that dialed in, I can always change it out with amsteel or webbing.

I went with the Webbing, with carabiner. First saddle, I had no clue so I picked the one in the middle.

Back