• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Go to pack

jmalcroe

What’s y’all’s go to day pack for your saddle setup and what not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What’s y’all’s go to day pack for your saddle setup and what not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hill People Gear Tarahumara is my do it all pack. Love there shoulder straps. I've tried several, but this one remains in my ready to go for hiking or hunting. Last season, I went without for several hunts. Mission on my back, and wore a battlebelt for toting sticks up the tree and essentials. At height I just wrapped the belt around the tree..

I just picked up a kifaru shape charge. This things seems about perfect

Mystery Ranch Scree 32 L with custom lashing points made with bull hitched and mod'ed bungee cords with ball ends wrapped in vet tape.

My main suggestion is to get a pack with a beefy waist belt and sternum strap and also an adjustable yoke/suspension so it can be customized to your body shape. I've had the Scree for a year and read a lot of threads here, and still would go back and buy it again (if I find one on major sale I might just buy a backup).

Last edited:
I have nothing but good things to say about the sitka tool belt and fanatic, eberlestock bandit, kifaru e&e and the stryker.

The last 4 yrs i have used a tenzing 4000 to carry my kestrel and 16 pack of wildedge stepps. I got a jx3 about a month 1/2 ago. After turkey season is over i will start figureing out how to carry everything.

Hill People Gear Tarahumara is my do it all pack. Love there shoulder straps. I've tried several, but this one remains in my ready to go for hiking or hunting. Last season, I went without for several hunts. Mission on my back, and wore a battlebelt for toting sticks up the tree and essentials. At height I just wrapped the belt around the tree..

The HPG Umlindi bag looks nice as well, but I need my load lifters.

Here are a couple more threads

Back