• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Have you won anything?

MattMan81

SH Member
I keep signing up online to win stuff. Figure they have all my info anyway. May as well try to win something. I won a predator caller years ago at a local rod and gun club. Never hit a 50/50. I know some guys who win things multiple times. But not me. How are you guys on winning things? Ever win anything online? Hunting give away stuff?
*Mods. May have placed in the wrong section by mistake*

I never seem to win (good) stuff, lol. I was at a turkey banquet a while back and they were selling chances on something, think it was a turkey gun. My buddy bought a chance for $100. He said "man, they are only selling 20 tickets for this one, it's great odds." I told him if I bought 19 out of 20 tickets I would end up not having the winner.

Many years ago, I did win $800 on a roulette table in about 30 minutes one night just messing around, lol. Does that count?

Actually there was a fundraiser on here a month or so ago and I won but I donated it back because it was a good cause and a good member who started it. Otherwise, the only other thing I have ever won was a crossbow at a Hunter Education Instructor Banquet. I have a buddy who is also an instructor that seems to win stuff constantly. I think he dumps a lot of money into things and I'm not a gambling type by nature...... but he seems to win a gun every month. I'm not kidding. I do sign up for the stuff online sometimes it gets a little annoying but I never win anything from those things.

Actually there was a fundraiser on here a month or so ago and I won but I donated it back because it was a good cause and a good member who started it. Otherwise, the only other thing I have ever won was a crossbow at a Hunter Education Instructor Banquet. I have a buddy who is also an instructor that seems to win stuff constantly. I think he dumps a lot of money into things and I'm not a gambling type by nature...... but he seems to win a gun every month. I'm not kidding. I do sign up for the stuff online sometimes it gets a little annoying but I never win anything from those things.

And the prize is still here if you change your mind buddy! I made out pretty well at a Muskie tournament once and won 5-6 different baits and only spent $20 bucks!

And the prize is still here if you change your mind buddy! I made out pretty well at a Muskie tournament once and won 5-6 different baits and only spent $20 bucks!
No way! You should sell it if you don't want it everything you did! Good cause brother... good cause!! I don't regret that a bit whatsoever.

My luck on giveaways and raffles is so bad that I don't even order things for fund raisers anymore. At this point, I just assume I'll pay and never receive the hoagie or pepperoni roll. :confused:o_O

The first muskie tournament I ever fished I brought home the first place check in a drawing - nobody caught a qualifying fish. Then I won a KVD rod/reel combo and a box of baits after my wife put my name in a drawing at a BASS Elite Series tournament. And I won $500 in a church raffle.

Other than that, it's been a few little things here and there. The church women's' club does a big fund raiser event before Christmas every year. They have hundreds of donated prizes and draw a ticket about every 5 minutes all day. My wife and I each usually get about $50 in tickets for that and end up winning a prize or two. One year my niece was pulling tickets - she was about 5 years old at the time - and she found my tickets or my wife's six or seven times that day.

The only time I win a raffle is when everybody is guaranteed or almost guaranteed something. It's usually like a poncho, or a crappy gun cleaning kit that I also won the year before, or 20 ga shotgun shells for my 12 ga. I won a sweatshirt one year from a sponsor's garage. I still wear it so I count that one as a win.

Can't remember winning anything big, though I have cleaned up at a few trivia nights etc, lots of random knowledge rattling around in this head I guess, generally not very useful, but the stars have aligned with trivia categories once or twice. Funniest one recently was a coworkers baby shower (somewhat forced attendance, we had it during a work meeting but at a off-site location)... They were giving away Starbucks gift cards as prizes, I don't drink coffee but won literally every guessing game (my youngest is 5 but had a coworker with twin toddlers) and won enough gift cards to give one to each of my coworkers in attendance, that was a good day, not generally a fan of baby showers, particularly forced attendance ones but I do love to win lol.

I've won a couple shotguns from our local chapter of mn deer hunters association banquet. The first was when I was 14 and I won a savage 12 gauge bolt action deer gun and about 10 years ago I won a browning a5. I haven't won since lol. But I'm still way ahead

Can't remember winning anything big, though I have cleaned up at a few trivia nights etc, lots of random knowledge rattling around in this head I guess, generally not very useful, but the stars have aligned with trivia categories once or twice. Funniest one recently was a coworkers baby shower (somewhat forced attendance, we had it during a work meeting but at a off-site location)... They were giving away Starbucks gift cards as prizes, I don't drink coffee but won literally every guessing game (my youngest is 5 but had a coworker with twin toddlers) and won enough gift cards to give one to each of my coworkers in attendance, that was a good day, not generally a fan of baby showers, particularly forced attendance ones but I do love to win lol.
What is a matter with you? You dont drink coffee? Have you seen a Dr?

I won a Mission Sub xr on a $40 raffle. And a savage 270 on one of those gun raffles that the daily winner is based off the daily lotto numbers.2 good hits for sure.

I second coffee being burnt gross liquid! Gag! And it's hot too. Barf.

I did win a rem 870 nitro mag and a youth something or other in raffles. I had zero interest in them then. Gave whatever the youth gun was away to a kid just starting hunting. Sold the 870 for next to nothing to a buddy who eventually traded or sold it for also next to nothing for a 9mm pistol but insists that he didn't

Lol I'm sure there's a few things wrong with me, but coffee is gross, tastes like you're drinking something burnt.

Don't let him shame you, I've never had coffee in my entire life. It's hot, gross, stinks, and stains your teeth. Drink a Red Bull instead... Then you can enjoy kidney stones and the sensation of your heart exploding. :laughing:

2016ish I won a $500 gift card to a local pro shop which I used to purchase my summit viper amongst other things and January this year I was a $10k monthly giveaway winner for American trucks which may seem like a lot but not when you’re upgrading truck parts lol

Back