- Jun 17, 2020
What are you using as a bow hanger? Was wondering if I’d wanna hang it from the stirrup or the camDownsides (or differences) compared to other crossbows is what I assume you're looking for?
- Speed - with the stock arrows, you're topping out at 330fps with a really light arrow setup. The proper way to define this is energy. Think of it this way - the mini is equivalent to a 70/30 down the middle IBO compound in terms of energy output from the power stroke. How do I know this? It fires the same weight arrow as my compound with -+5fps - at any weight up to 600 grains.
- Vertical versus horizontal orientation - Pros and cons here are in the eye of the beholder. But it's tiny, so not sure it really matters.
- Most crossbows give you a single "fiddle point" - you choose your broadheads. Most everything else is fixed. WIth the mini - you're really shooting a compound bow with a drawloc. You have some options for adjustment and customization you don't with crossbows. Again, pro or con depending on your perspective.
As far as pure downsides related to specific users, I have a couple. These are absolute - as in not compared to other crossbows. I have no desire to own any other crossbow.
- I can't really find a good way to tote the thing around for quick deployment on shot opportunities. This is a me problem for sure. But the ease of packing it on my pack and stand setups is really nice.
- Because there is so much room for me to tinker, I have a small increase in my anxiety level in the background of every hunt. I'm worried about bolts being tight, and assembly being done correctly. This is also a me problem because i can't help but tinker. If you bought the bow, and loctited everything, you'd never worry.
It is a very effective tool. Odds are you won't be dissapointed.