• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

High end sticks

EWO because while i havent held a beast stick in my hand, i think it's probably a better stick.
Made in America not china, and the EWO standoffs hold great to a tree

EWO they don’t bend or flex like the beast sticks and they come out over an inch further from the tree so you can get a full foot on the step not just your toes.

I don’t have either. Just some OOAL’s. But out of those two... EWO hands down. Best customer service out there, American made, and NO LOOOONG PRE-ORDER Crap!!

I vote DanO also I can speak for the awesome customer service too. Real great guy he make some really good stuff.

EWO again for all reasons mentioned. Including DanO- awesome dude who cares about his products and customers. I have the black ultralight stick for one sticking and it is awesome. Zero flex, solid as you can get and so light weight. Anything hunting related that’s made in America I’m also choosing first over anything made overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very good. I have chance to get some used beast sticks but have really been thinking about the EWO for all the reasons mentioned above. I notice on the website there is a choice between anodized bs non. What’s the difference there. I see that the ultralight stick is coming in around 115$ A stick, and for 4 or 5 sticks that’s tough. Quantity and service no doubt, but still pretty harsh.

Very good. I have chance to get some used beast sticks but have really been thinking about the EWO for all the reasons mentioned above. I notice on the website there is a choice between anodized bs non. What’s the difference there. I see that the ultralight stick is coming in around 115$ A stick, and for 4 or 5 sticks that’s tough. Quantity and service no doubt, but still pretty harsh.

It is a lot of $ if you want to get 3-4 sticks for a set. If you consider just 1 stick and try one stick climbing, it’s not so bad. I know one sticking is not for everyone maybe but it’s surprising how much easier it is to do than you would think.

It is a lot of $ if you want to get 3-4 sticks for a set. If you consider just 1 stick and try one stick climbing, it’s not so bad. I know one sticking is not for everyone maybe but it’s surprising how much easier it is to do than you would think.

I showed a friend how to one stick Saturday. Easy for me, it looked hard for him, first time in a saddle, first rappel, first climb. He said it was easier than he thought.

It is difficult the first few times. But easy after the 20 th try.

As far as EWO sticks. They are the best stick for one sticking. I had beast sticks and they are cheaper and stack better, not offset but EWO sticks are rock solid compared to anything else I have tried.
I sold my beast sticks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I would rather have an EWO stick over carbon stick because I can safely add a cam cleat. Also I expect no warning if a carbon stick failed. With an EWO stick if it ever failed I expect some warning.

I showed a friend how to one stick Saturday. Easy for me, it looked hard for him, first time in a saddle, first rappel, first climb. He said it was easier than he thought.

It is difficult the first few times. But easy after the 20 th try.

As far as EWO sticks. They are the best stick for one sticking. I had beast sticks and they are cheaper and stack better, not offset but EWO sticks are rock solid compared to anything else I have tried.
I sold my beast sticks.

Awesome. Yeah it’s kind of weird the first time or two you try it. The more practice the better. For me it’s worth the weight savings and less I have to mess with.

I agree. I bought a beast stick and ended up cancelling the order betting that the EWO would be better. I have no doubt that it was the better choice.

And made in ‘Merica

According to Dan on The Hunting Beast forum the sticks are now being made in Wisconsin. I think the only real advantage to the beast sticks over EWO sticks is the inline stacking which is huge if you are stacking multiple sticks. A set of 24 inch sticks that stagger stack is going to be a real pain in the rear going through brush. I have had great customer service with both companies.

Got two sets of EWO sticks and love em. Would’ve liked to try a set of Beast sticks, but they were always on back order. And by the time the Shikars came out, I already had a set of DIY pivot sticks thanks to EWO. Met DanO at saddlepalooza one year, great guy that had all the little things before they were readily available. Customer service is huge with EWO.

According to Dan on The Hunting Beast forum the sticks are now being made in Wisconsin. I think the only real advantage to the beast sticks over EWO sticks is the inline stacking which is huge if you are stacking multiple sticks. A set of 24 inch sticks that stagger stack is going to be a real pain in the rear going through brush. I have had great customer service with both companies.

That’s what I really like about them, in-line stacking. Do the EWO not? Or are they stagger stacked?

That’s what I really like about them, in-line stacking. Do the EWO not? Or are they stagger stacked?
EWO are staggered, though I saw a post where @Ontariofarmer mentioned multiple length sticks might work to stagger EWO inline:
They stack well but beast sticks stack in line. EWO sticks stack off set. That is an advantage for a beast sticks. But I one stick anyway.
If I wanted in line stacking I would make 24,22,20 inch sticks from EWO

Pictures here of the staggered approach:

Last edited:
What is the difference in anodized and non on the EWO sticks? Is the extra price for anodized worth it?

Back