• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

I CANT HOLD IT IN ANY LONGER!

Rg176bnc

I promise Im not picking on anyone, pointing them out or bullying, but this is past due.

Stop copying each other so you can hurry up and get a $300 diaper on the market before the craze dies.

Step back, take a minute, get out of the box and BLOW THAT SUCKER OUT OF THE WATER!!!!! IT WILL TAKE YOU FURTHER THAN JUST GETTING IN LINE BEHIND THE REST!!

There is soooooo much room for innovation in this product that no one has even scratched the surface of.

I cant believe that nobody has taken this product in some pretty obvious directions.

If I have to do R&D I want 15%. Im not going to just give it away.

Im within a year of being debt free and sewing isn't my thing. You cant look at the offerings and be blown away by the innovations.

the only thing obvious to me is you are going to have a fabric seat of some kind. It’s going to have webbing seen in for safety reasons. A belt is pretty important to most. It’s going to have a bridge and loops. There’s only so many ways you can incorporate all of those things. Sure you can vary shape and features but for the most part there is not going to be any major difference in design. They are built that way because it’s what we said we wanted. The flex is different but it’s like a kestrel and Anderson sling had a baby. I think there’s definitely room in the market for a sub 6lb jx3 type hard bottomed saddle. It’s doable but still not what the majority of the people want. I am a little curious as to what is so obvious to you that no one else sees.

Was there a purpose for this thread?
Reading it has taken away 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

The latest gen saddles have been developed and improved by SADDLE guys...people that know what works and what doesn't work.

Personally, I'm pretty happy with the state of our gear. Can things be tweaked? Sure, but you can say that about everything mankind has ever invented.

If I have to do R&D I want 15%. Im not going to just give it away.

Im within a year of being debt free and sewing isn't my thing. You cant look at the offerings and be blown away by the innovations.
Congrats on being so close to a debt free life. That's a commendable accomplishment.

Cool thing about eliminating debt is you can rapidly accumulate capital. Use that capital, your knowledge of the industry, and your new ideas to bring a product to the market. And charge us out the wazoo for it.

Or, give your idea to somebody who can actually do something with it. I've been happy to help with an innovation or two even though I didn't "get a cut." I still profited because the product existed outside my own head and I was able to purchase it for less money and with less risk than starting my own business.

Fleece kestrel design that doesn't need a rock climbing harness... Been tossing this idea around in my head. May have to fire up the thread injector to make a prototype.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

R&D investment is proportional to the market segment and market potential. So from a business perspective we can’t be hoping for Elon Musk type research money to be thrown at the opportunity of capturing 50% of the saddle hunter forum members.

That being said I think there are two cool opportunities that are worthy of pursuing:

1. Ultimate climbing method - in my mind this would be an affordable climbing spur that is light weight but DOES NOT penetrate Bark and is public land legal. You would have to change the spur design. But if it were affordable and light and public land legal it would sell very well IMO.

2. Common man convenient repel - is there a very convenient repel solution that doesn’t involve ropes getting stuck/tangled or pre set? If there were a very easy/fun way to repel our of a tree quietly without alerting a herd that you are there that would be good.

#2 May already exist and if so let me know.

#1 doesn’t exist but if you develop it I MIGHT already have a patent pending so give me a shout, maybe I’ll give you IP rights in exchange for a flex or kestrel and we can call it even :wink:

R&D investment is proportional to the market segment and market potential. So from a business perspective we can’t be hoping for Elon Musk type research money to be thrown at the opportunity of capturing 50% of the saddle hunter forum members.

That being said I think there are two cool opportunities that are worthy of pursuing:

1. Ultimate climbing method - in my mind this would be an affordable climbing spur that is light weight but DOES NOT penetrate Bark and is public land legal. You would have to change the spur design. But if it were affordable and light and public land legal it would sell very well IMO.

I'm still waiting for the flying cars that the 1960's promised everyone would have by the year 2,000.
Oh man, now my wheels are turning... a flying car AND a climbing method accomplished by the same device. I'll be rich, rich I say (insert sinister laugh here).
Send money to my go fund me page. No amount is too small.
BTW, what size Amsteel do I need to support a flying car?

2. Common man convenient repel - is there a very convenient repel solution that doesn’t involve ropes getting stuck/tangled or pre set? If there were a very easy/fun way to repel our of a tree quietly without alerting a herd that you are there that would be good.

#2 May already exist and if so let me know.

#1 doesn’t exist but if you develop it I MIGHT already have a patent pending so give me a shout, maybe I’ll give you IP rights in exchange for a flex or kestrel and we can call it even :wink:

For some reason I read Common man convenient repel in my head as common man repellant and I was thinking man that'd be awesome! Just whip out your spray and spray some clown that trespasses or some fool that comes trudging in 30 minutes after first light and sets up 50 yards from you. Drives them away never to return.

Right there with you brother. Emergency on aisle 5. Please stock extra TP. Avoid that extra cup of joe in the morning. All systems brown.

Back