• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Is my Kestrel Flex too big?

Shakeandbake

I received my aero hunter flex today. I fall in between sizes at a 36” waist and ordered a size 2. I feel like I’m getting a lot of pressure in my groin (nut pinch). If I loosen the leg straps it gets better but not the best. Will this improve if I move down to a size 1? I have a Phantom that fits great and I get no pinch at all. I wanted to give Aero a try, I love how heavy duty they are.

What if you unclip the leg straps altogether?

Might be the location of the connection. The flex is much higher and comes right across the jewels. The Phantom has a lower connection comes across more of the thigh. Doubt a size one would help in that regard.

i have sat in a flex that had the leg straps removed. it was great. i so badly want to cut them off of my flex, but i'm a chicken. i don't want to lose resale in the event I want to switch saddles, but I don't see the need for them on the flex.

I’d also recommend sliding the saddle down a bit. I always had it above my belt starting out. Now it’s at belt height, if not below.

Slide the saddle down a bit. You will notice sometimes it has a tendency to slide up, as the saddle
Is slid down the pleat will open giving you maximum comfort
I don’t have the leg straps on mine tight either for this reason
I find that if you find a good adjustment for the leg straps you won’t experience this moving forward, but we’re all shaped differently. I recommend you try it a few times and play with the adjustment of these things
I also have the loop of my bridge where it connects to the tether biner at about chin height so it gives a good cradle and eases more of the load into the bridge and off of the leg straps

Be safe

-Squatch
Aero Hunter Pro Team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the same issue (on the aero hunter) and same size issue. I bought the size one and am doing well with the flex. When I bought the original aero hunter i bought size 2 and had issues. You do not want that rubbing on your back or it could inflame a nerve.
One way to get around this is to loosen everything up while standing in it and push the belt 1-2 inches below where you would where a belt. For lack of a better term, wear it like a plumbers pants.
Then adjust from there.(at ground level)
If that doesn’t work ask to return for the correct size.

Back