• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Love these boots

Just got these Rocky Prolite boots delivered today and they are amazingly comfortable. Cant wait to use them during turkey season and early deer season. Not to mention scouting during the hot part of the year.View attachment 99804

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk
I have "better" boots but the Rocky S2V or whatever just fits my feet better. And they hold up pretty well. Solid brand with a solid product.

Ive never known a boot brand to be a bigger dumpster fire than rocky. Never had or seen a pair last longer than a year for me or anyone I know.

I finally threw out a pair of Rockys I bought in 2009 last summer. I hunted and hiked in them for 14 years. Got pics of me with dead deer wearing them things in 2013 and pics from last spring with a dead turkey a decade later. To each their own, I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive never known a boot brand to be a bigger dumpster fire than rocky. Never had or seen a pair last longer than a year for me or anyone I know.
The boots I wore yesterday, I bought in 2019. I rotate between pairs during the week - giving them a chance to dry out - so I probably wear these once or twice a week. Still going strong.

That said I did have a pair of Rocky square-toe ropers shrink on me. If I get another pair of Rocky Western-style boots they're going to have a composite or steel toe.

The boots I wore yesterday, I bought in 2019. I rotate between pairs during the week - giving them a chance to dry out - so I probably wear these once or twice a week. Still going strong.

That said I did have a pair of Rocky square-toe ropers shrink on me. If I get another pair of Rocky Western-style boots they're going to have a composite or steel toe.
I'd recommend DOUBLE H for a western style boot. I have a pair with the composite toe, water proof and some are even made in America.

Ive never liked boots that are that high. Never found a pair that were comfortable while hiking long distance. I much prefer a ankle height boot with a quality leg gaiter from like T&K hunting. I also dont live in an area where i have to worry about snake bites. Rocky does make some good boots though. I had a pair for 10 years before the sole separated.

Ive never liked boots that are that high. Never found a pair that were comfortable while hiking long distance. I much prefer a ankle height boot with a quality leg gaiter from like T&K hunting. I also dont live in an area where i have to worry about snake bites. Rocky does make some good boots though. I had a pair for 10 years before the sole separated.
Yeah, here in georgia cottonmouth, rattlers and copperheads when it gets hot will make you stare at your feet and under every log. Way more then looking for the next rub.

Hopefully your boots hold up and you dont have to deal with rocky brands customer service.

Rocky is a huge footwear conglomerate, rocky, muck, xtratuff, not sure who all else. I have been waiting to post until my customer experience with them was complete. I bought some xtratuf boots in October. In November they started falling apart, sole separation, kickoff wedge falling off, holes forming the neoprene on the sides. I emailed in early December when I got some time fool with it. Mid December I got an RA# and sent the boots back after jumping through hoops of pictures, and more pictures at different angles and file types.After hearing nothing, I reached out again after a few weeks to ask where we were. They emailed that someone would be in touch and they were "working on it". I went through a couple more rounds of this every few weeks. Finally on march 12th I got a refund. Pretty poor customer service from rocky brands. If I was strapped and needing some boots with that money it would have been a real drag to wait three months for it after sending the boots back. I probably could have hounded them harder and maybe got it sooner. I am fairly certain that if I wouldn't have hounded them over and over I may have never gotten a refund.

Back