• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LW Climber Seat. Use or Sell?

peteherbst

I just ordered my mantis saddle and am excited to get into saddle hunting next year. I have a Lone Wolf Climber and have read that it’s a viable option to use for a platform for saddle hunting, but I don’t plan to use it as a climbing option since I’m in south central Wisconsin and have some Hawk Helium sticks from my Lone Wolf Alpha Tech setup.

My question would be, would you just sell the Lone Wolf climber and buy a predator platform since I’m not going to use it for climbing? Or would you just keep the climber as a second option for a stand and use the seat as the platform. My struggle is that I’m sure the predator is better for packing in.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

If selling cheap, I think you should sell it to me. Lol what's wrong with the trees in Wisconsin, not climber friendly?

Well I got $260 for my hand climber in 24hrs locally.....so id probably sell it....

If selling cheap, I think you should sell it to me. Lol what's wrong with the trees in Wisconsin, not climber friendly?
Haha nothing wrong with the trees. Just a lot of tameracks and not so straight trees where I need to be. Went to a sticks and hang on setup this year and going to saddle next year.

Well I got $260 for my hand climber in 24hrs locally.....so id probably sell it....
Think this is probably the way to go. Especially since I have my hang on stand if I want another option. Although I wonder how many times I’ll go to another option once I have the saddle. Sounds like once you go saddle, you never go back.

If you have the whole climber I would sell it, assuming your comfortable in a saddle. then if you want a wider platform or a climbing seat just buy the seat part from lone wolf or XOP and have money left over.

Same problem here. I have three Millenniums and a Summit. I so enjoy hanging from my saddle that I'm not sure I'll ever use the stands again.

I used my climber on my Iowa trip. Nice to hunt a ridge and climb way up to get higher than eye level with the deer. I dont have enough sticks nor desire to one stick in situations like that. Other than weight on your back, the climber is nice and will always have a place in my gear collection.

I am in Montello and have a predator if you want to check it out side by side with your hand climber before making any decisions.

I was in a similar situation and ended up trying to the hand climber seat as a platform this weekend and it works pretty well. I didn’t use it to climb I used sticks for that. You do have to anchor the front of the seat similar to how you would attach the seat to the base when being used as a climber. I used a few extra straps I had and a lone wolf easy hang hook. The setup was rock solid and I was comfortable standing on it for 6 hours each day.

Thanks for the offer. I’m down in Lake Mills so Montello is a bit of a hike for me. I’ll PM if I’m ever in the area!
I will do the same. Headed to the west side of Madison for a doctors appointment today if you work in the area.

Back