• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

LWCG stand setups

Bowtie747

SH Member
What sticks, packs and other items are you using with your stands? Or any modification you’ve made to yours. Just got a .5 and I’m pretty obsessed. Pictures would be awesome!

A bag under the seat is the first addition I would make! I have an Eberlestock accessory pouch under mine and it fits perfect. Holds my saw, pruners, aider, straps for sticks and a few other accessories.

I run 4 17” Shikars with mine. Fold them flat and bungee two to each side flat. It’s a pretty great system.

I took advantage of the OnX Elite deal that was going on. Buy three 20” Compacts, get one free… So I’ll be running those with my .5 and .75. I’ll be using the Dryad Mini Drey w/ Mutiny harness with both stands.

I set up the .75 with the mesh seat for all day sits when I want to use a hang on. I’ll be using the Backwoods Mobile Gear Hitchhiker for a pack with it.

The .5 will be my hybrid setup for hunting new areas. I plan on packing it on a Kifaru Stryker XL. I used the .5 a lot last season minus the Kifaru, and it quickly became my go to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had an old Kelty Cache Hauler frame pack that wasn't being used. Ripped the suspension off that and used some yoga mat material, a grommet kit, and paracord to attach it to the stand. Been rocking this for two seasons now and 10/10 would recommend, only thing I would improve is to get a more breathable material for the back pad but I haven't got around to it yet.

I bungee my modded helium sticks and pack to it. Also had a thought to design webbing and panels similar to a meat hauler pack but haven't got to that either.

Screenshot_20200917-180316_Gallery.jpg
Capture.PNG

Had an old Kelty Cache Hauler frame pack that wasn't being used. Ripped the suspension off that and used some yoga mat material, a grommet kit, and paracord to attach it to the stand. Been rocking this for two seasons now and 10/10 would recommend, only thing I would improve is to get a more breathable material for the back pad but I haven't got around to it yet.

I bungee my modded helium sticks and pack to it. Also had a thought to design webbing and panels similar to a meat hauler pack but haven't got to that either.

View attachment 69456
View attachment 69459
I really like that idea! I’ve seen where a guy attached the Kuiu suspension to it and I’ve considered that as well.

I’ve been tempted to try Eberlestock harness and belt on mine. I love how my F1 mainframe pack rides

View attachment 69456
View attachment 69459

I have the Ketly cache hauler and used it for hauling treestands, sandbags, elk/deer/moose/bear meat for the last 15 years or so. Built very stout. Works exceptionally well. (I wish the shoulder straps were a bit longer as I'm a thick monkey, but it's great otherwise.)

Here is a couple pics of the .75 and EWOs. Can't use the seat lock with the 24 inch sticks.
Screenshot_20220815-193709_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220815-193713_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20220815-193718_Gallery.jpg

I’m liking this setup too. I’ve collected way too much hunting stuff lol
03ace7134f03128691e68eb0cdd78beb.jpg

6f9a69fd2cdb60d38732701fadfd2883.jpg

dd40d0f664363049c093aa3f34417b2f.jpg

I took advantage of the OnX Elite deal that was going on. Buy three 20” Compacts, get one free… So I’ll be running those with my .5 and .75. I’ll be using the Dryad Mini Drey w/ Mutiny harness with both stands.

I set up the .75 with the mesh seat for all day sits when I want to use a hang on. I’ll be using the Backwoods Mobile Gear Hitchhiker for a pack with it.

The .5 will be my hybrid setup for hunting new areas. I plan on packing it on a Kifaru Stryker XL. I used the .5 a lot last season minus the Kifaru, and it quickly became my go to.

Youre gonna love that setup. I use the .5. And the fix.

7c040f4c93e95234c0dcc927c0e4c431.jpg

.5 with 4 minis and cable aiders. Attatch the pocket arm to seat. Sitka tool belt sits on that with camera gear water grunt knife and a couple other things. Any clothes get attached with a cam jam and amsteel daisy chain which serves several purposes. Attached a kuiu suspension with belt pouches. Set up is dope and I absolutely love it. I have a pad on the bottom of the seat for when I want to use a dryad mini with my killdeer harness. The mini balls up to nothing and weighs nothing. Set up is so versatile.

How are you guys getting pack up the tree? I have a wolf pack and noticed On my first hunt of the year. I didn’t feel like I had a good way to get it up the tree. I always do one trip only.

Also what are you doing with late season heavy layers if your shelf is full from a pack?

I don’t carry much, main reason I have a pack at all is so do carry water, water is a must for me

I rarely take a pack but when I do I use the pack hook on the bottom(top when carrying) of the seat post. It stays there until at height and then I attach to saddle with carabiner, hang my stand, then hang pack on gear hanger. Sometimes I’ll raise it with my
Bow on a rope. Never had issues packing layers. They just strap the back over too pack. I don’t carry a large pack tho and most times now don’t even carry a pack

I rarely take a pack but when I do I use the pack hook on the bottom(top when carrying) of the seat post. It stays there until at height and then I attach to saddle with carabiner, hang my stand, then hang pack on gear hanger. Sometimes I’ll raise it with my
Bow on a rope. Never had issues packing layers. They just strap the back over too pack. I don’t carry a large pack tho and most times now don’t even carry a pack
So r u using pockets and what not to get the few things you need in?

So r u using pockets and what not to get the few things you need in?
Bino harness from Alaska Guide creations. Binos, range finder, release, chapstick, milkweed, headlamp and batteries for headlamp. Stays on me the whole hunt. When I am on public without service I have an extra pocket o attach under the bino compartment with ZOLEO and small first aid kit. Gloves, gaiter and beanie go in cargo pockets.
If I want to bring coffee and snacks or big thick gloves and hat then I’ll bring a pack. Either a small tactical sling bag with sling cut off the Eberlestock Multilid

Bino harness from Alaska Guide creations. Binos, range finder, release, chapstick, milkweed, headlamp and batteries for headlamp. Stays on me the whole hunt. When I am on public without service I have an extra pocket o attach under the bino compartment with ZOLEO and small first aid kit. Gloves, gaiter and beanie go in cargo pockets.
If I want to bring coffee and snacks or big thick gloves and hat then I’ll bring a pack. Either a small tactical sling bag with sling cut off the Eberlestock Multilid
Thanks buddy! I’ll have to look into a bino harness of some sort maybe

Back