• The SH Membership has gone live. Only SH Members have access to post in the classifieds. All members can view the classifieds. Starting in 2020 only SH Members will be admitted to the annual hunting contest. Current members will need to follow these steps to upgrade: 1. Click on your username 2. Click on Account upgrades 3. Choose SH Member and purchase.
  • We've been working hard the past few weeks to come up with some big changes to our vendor policies to meet the changing needs of our community. Please see the new vendor rules here: Vendor Access Area Rules

Matthew Perry found Dead

BowhunterXC

Long time actor on the series, Friends, Matthew Perry, played the part of Chandler Bing. He was found dead in his hot tub. :oops:
News reports say it may be a while before a cause of death will be determined. No illegal drugs or alcohol are suspected, nor any foul play. Prescription medications were found in his home. A toxicology report is required under these circumstances. Age 54....very sad. :rolleyes:
October 28th at 4 p.m.

What a waste of a human being. Guy had everything going for him except he was an addict. And I have no doubt that's what did him in. It's just a shame.

David

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

What a waste of a human being. Guy had everything going for him except he was an addict. And I have no doubt that's what did him in. It's just a shame.

David
Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk
I don’t follow such things too much but I didn’t realize he had a drug addiction.

I don’t follow such things too much but I didn’t realize he had a drug addiction.
According to him, watch Friends for the drug story in real time. Fat Chandler was on booze, skinny Chandler was on Vicadin, and skinny goatee Chandler was on waaaayyy too much vicadin. I’ve heard from other sources heroin was in the mix, but I don’t think so. Ppl with a serious pill addiction are very similar to the heroin addict side of life though. And in many ways it’s just as, possibly more, destructive. But they can really only get what they need from pills. It never fails and honestly it’s the reason I’ve gone through two injury procedures without filling my prescriptions for Percocet and Vicadin. I took prescribed Percocet when I got my wisdom teeth out and for two days as a 17YO I was in a weird sloppy way. I stopped taking them and vowed not to again.
Sad in many ways. Someone who is using pills or similar drugs in this manner needs help asap. Often they don’t even realize they are addicted themselves. My roommate in college had a procedure done on his abdomen and was prescribed vicadin. He started taking as prescribed, then started taking an extra when we would go out to party, then started staying in the dorm to take a pill and sit on his bed. Then it was a pill and a beer and TV. Then it was two pills and a beer. Then two pills but screw the beer I’ll take a shot and go to sleep.
Thankfully he started recognizing the issue within a week or two. His girlfriend kinda told him it was scaring her, and we told him it wasn’t any fun to play video games or go party with him. I remember him handing the pills to his girlfriend and her immediately flushing them down her toilet. They’re now married and have two gorgeous kids and no drug problems that I can speak of.
Life is hardest on some of the people it seems to bless the most. Help comes in the forms it needs to or it never comes at all. I am sad for those who never get the help they need in time, or squander the second, third, extra chances they’ve been given.

I had laparoscopic torn meniscus surgery about 7 years ago. The meniscus would flap over and my knee would swell and I felt like I was 95 years old and could hardly walk. When the tear settled back down to its normal position, my knee was fine. The first evening after surgery I had one Oxycodone and never slept so well in my life. The very next evening I said to my wife, can I have the next pill to sleep? She looked at me, saw I was like a kid in a candy store and she said, nope!!! That was it. I just had two and she didn’t give me the second. I really miss that sleep but it was super scary how addictive that stuff can be. My wife is an RN btw and she said it spooked her bad. Especially because I’m the type that takes nothing ever ever. I’m in my mid fifties and so far I’ve been super blessed to not be on any prescriptions of any kind.

I have never had an issue bordering on abusing pills, though relevant to the discussion, about 10 years ago I did take prescribed oxycontin for a few days after a surgery. I was stunned how mentally dull I was. One day not long after surgery I drove into my desk job and sat at my computer for nearly an hour trying to remind myself what I was even doing (simple tasks and emails I’d done countless times before). I was newly married and I guess worried about money or vacation time or something like that. Fortunately an older employee saw me and kindly told me to get lost, which I did. That day I switched to ibuprofen for the remainder of my recovery. It was totally terrifying not having use of my mental acumen. God bless people hooked on pills or drugs. I know they feel they have a reason it’s necessary to use, but to me it seems like hell to be in near-constant intellectual fog.

Opioids/opiates soothe mental and emotional pain just like they do physical pain, they are incredibly addictive for that reason.

The funny thing is is that most drugs found in nature (nicotine, THC, opium, cocaine, etc).....are all pesticides the plants produce to keep animals/bugs from eating them (deer don't like the feeling of 1 lbs of tobacco in their gut). People basically ruin their lives with naturally-occurring pesticides.

Last edited:
I had many year of use. Never pills but other much more reckless recreations. I was never the type that needed it or had to have it. If it was there I threw down if not I went on about my life normal. I refer to it as I had a hobby not a habit and I did a LOT of it. I met my now wife and realized she was the one and walked away from it all and never looked back. Did the same thing with smoking and dipping. 20+ years and just stopped on day. Never dt’d or feined. Some people have the inability to turn things off like that and it’s sad to see when they lose themselves to it. I have family that never got away from the pull and lost everything including me. Can’t help someone that doesn’t want helped.

Years ago I worked as a rent-a-cop, and one of our accounts was a methadone clinic is the southern Twin Cities. This was a private-pay clinic and did not participate in Medicaid.

Aside from one or two Russian strippers and their sketchy boyfriends, virtually all of the patients were professionals. Doctors, lawyers, accountants, mechanics, you name it, educated and successful people. All were overprescribed painkillers by their doctors. Back pain, knee injuries, car crashes, the mundane risks of life. Some recognized they had a problem before they started self-medicating with street dugs but many of them needed to wake up in jail before they recognized their predicament. This was before the fentanyl epidemic; it seems people were vaguely aware of overdoses as something that could happen, in theory, to some addict somewhere, but nobody they know.

Opioids scare me more than almost anything else. I've been prescribed painkillers after surgeries but before going under the knife I made sure to have discuss my concern with my doctor.

I broke my wrist at work. Had to go to the workman's comp Dr weekly. Everytime I went he would hand me a 30 day prescription for Vicodin.

Hindsight… that ain’t right. I can see how getting addicted to them is easy especially with enabling doctors. I didn’t take any of them and only filled one of the prescriptions cuz I had a bad reaction to Codeine when I was younger and was afraid to take them.

I broke my wrist at work. Had to go to the workman's comp Dr weekly. Everytime I went he would hand me a 30 day prescription for Vicodin.

Hindsight… that ain’t right. I can see how getting addicted to them is easy especially with enabling doctors. I didn’t take any of them and only filled one of the prescriptions cuz I had a bad reaction to Codeine when I was younger and was afraid to take them.
Yeah that seems like something someone should know about. Like the DEA or state health department.

I’m in the don’t take anything unless it’s absolutely needed crowd. Always been able to just walk away from anything without issues. I do, however, know plenty who aren’t that way and it’s sad, yes, but it’s just not something they can deal with unless those close to them step in so do not hesitate if you know someone that needs you.

My wife is one of those that follows the orders on the prescription bottle to the letter. When I had my last kidney stone they gave me a shot of Demerol and a prescription for oxyaomethingorother and it said every 4 hours. When the Demerol wore off I took however many it said to take. An hour and a half later I was in bad shape again…..told the wife I needed more…..”well this right here says…”

I cut her off and told her she had two choices, give me pill RFN or drive around for two and half hours and then see if she has what it takes to walk back in that room with me. She threw the bottle at me and left. I ate those things like candy until it passed and then trashed the rest.

I’m in the don’t take anything unless it’s absolutely needed crowd. Always been able to just walk away from anything without issues. I do, however, know plenty who aren’t that way and it’s sad, yes, but it’s just not something they can deal with unless those close to them step in so do not hesitate if you know someone that needs you.

My wife is one of those that follows the orders on the prescription bottle to the letter. When I had my last kidney stone they gave me a shot of Demerol and a prescription for oxyaomethingorother and it said every 4 hours. When the Demerol wore off I took however many it said to take. An hour and a half later I was in bad shape again…..told the wife I needed more…..”well this right here says…”

I cut her off and told her she had two choices, give me pill RFN or drive around for two and half hours and then see if she has what it takes to walk back in that room with me. She threw the bottle at me and left. I ate those things like candy until it passed and then trashed the rest.
Gotta be careful. Oxycodone can cause severe respiratory depression. Basically increases tolerance to C02 to lethal levels.

Back